Subject: [Tsvwg] Updated draft draft-swami-tcp-lmdr-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:51:38 -0500

Hello Folks,

We have submitted a new draft that addresses some of the TCP performance issues related to subnet change. The draft also addresses some of the congestion related issues. We are proposing a 3-byte TCP option that mobility-aware end-points (i.e., mobile devices and servers that communicate with mobile devices) need to implement.

This draft has been in IETF for a long time, and we will greatly appreciate any feedback from the mailing list. 

Here is the link: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-swami-tcp-lmdr-03.txt

Looking forwards toward your comments.

Thanks
Yogesh

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Abstract

     TCP congestion control is based on the assumption that the  end-to-
     end path of a connection changes very infrequently (most likely due
     to router failure) after connection establishment. This assumption
     allows a TCP sender to compute (predict) a new congestion window
     (cwnd) based on the ACKs from previous cwnd. With host mobility,
     however, the assumption of "constant path" does not hold, and the
     present congestion control and avoidance mechanisms can lead to
     suboptimal system performance. In this document we describes a TCP
     option that allows a receiver to inform the sender about subnet
     change; based on which, the sender can react to optimize
     performance.

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg