Subject: [Tsvwg] New ID on RSVP Aggregate Bandwidth Reduction announced

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 01:02:00 -0500

Hey

Wanted to point to a new Internet Draft that was just announced on a 
proposed new RSVP extension to address an optimization that we believe is 
possible when dealing with RSVP Aggregates.

The new ID can be found at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-polk-rsvp-aggregate-reduction-00.txt

Comments are requested

Here is the Abstract:

    This document proposes an extension to the Resource Reservation
    Protocol (RSVP) that allows an aggregated reservation to be
    partially preempted. Currently, when a higher priority reservation
    request arrives and sufficient bandwidth is unavailable to meet
    that request, a lower priority aggregated reservation may be
    preempted in whole, whether or not the entire bandwidth is
    required. This document describes a method where the lower priority
    aggregated reservation is preempted only to the extent to which its
    bandwidth is required for the higher priority request. This allows
    the aggregator to fail only a portion of the individual sessions
    that is aggregated and allow the rest of the sessions to continue
    unaffected.

cheers,
James

                                *******************
                 Truth is not to be argued... it is to be presented

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg