Subject: [Tsvwg] Update to Real-time ECN

From: "Jozef Babiarz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 11:27:34 -0400

Hi,

We've submitted an update to Real-time ECN (RTECN) draft,
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-babiarz-tsvwg-rtecn-04.txt
which we believe address issues raised in draft "Specifying Alternate
Semitics for the Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) Field". In the
RTECN draft we propose one approach that can be taken for standardizing
of an alternate ECN mechanism. Please notice we have added in section
5.1 an approach for co-existence between 3168-ECN and RTECN. We'd very
much appreciate your comments and feedback on the draft. 

To support the RTECN work, we also submitted couple of informational
drafts: Explaining how RTECN is used for admission control and
preemption of real-time flows,
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-alexander-rtecn-use-cases-00.t
xt
And two on performance analysis of the RTECN approach, simulation
results in
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dudley-rtecn-simulation-00.txt
pdf version available
http://standards.nortelnetworks.com/tsvwg/draft-dudley-rtecn-simulation-
00.pdf  and analysis of two different flow measurement and marking
approaches in
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-babiarz-rtecn-marking-00.pdf
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-babiarz-rtecn-marking-00.pdf%
20>  

Looking forward to your comments.

Regards, Joe.
Email: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg