Subject: [Tsvwg] Re: Draft-floyd-ecn-alternates-00.txt

From: Sally Floyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:06:26 -0700

Allison and Jon -

I have just submitted a revised version of draft-floyd-ecn-alternates-00.txt,
available from:

http://www.icir.org/floyd/papers/draft-floyd-ecn-alternates-01.txt
http://www.icir.org/floyd/papers/draft-floyd-ecn-alternates-01.ps

If possible, I would like to talk about this briefly at IETF in Paris,
and see if there is agreement for this to become an official tsvwg
document.  If so, my guess is that this would be on track to become
Informational - does that seem right to you?

The changes in the current version of the draft are listed below.

Many thanks,
- Sally
http://www.icir.org/floyd/

Changes from draft-floyd-ecn-alternates-00.txt:

* Added requirements for compatibility between traffic using default
ECN semantics and routers using alternate ECN semantics, to the
section on "Option 3:  Friendly Co-existence with Competing Traffic".
>From email from Gorry Fairhurst.

* Added to the discussion of using the diffserv code point to signal
alternate ECN semantics.  From email from Gorry Fairhurst.

* Minor editing for clarity, also from email from Gorry Fairhurst.

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg