Subject: [Tsvwg] Internet Congestion Control Research Group

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 15:10:12 +0100

My slides from today's tsvwg meeting and a draft charter are at:
   http://nrg.cs.ucl.ac.uk/mjh/iccrg/

Cheers,
Mark

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg

---

From: Bob Briscoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 07:25:45 +0100

Mark,

Commenting on the charter, would the following also be in scope?

"As more than one congestion response becomes the norm, the issue also 
arises about how to ensure the choice is not abused out of self-interest."

You mention the malicious form of this problem (DoS), but not the careless 
self-interest aspect.

IOW, is this issue in the "Security Considerations" section or the "Body" 
of the working group?

Bob

>   http://nrg.cs.ucl.ac.uk/mjh/iccrg/

____________________________________________________________________________
Notice: This contribution is the personal view of the author and does not 
necessarily reflect the technical nor commercial direction of BT plc.
____________________________________________________________________________
Bob Briscoe,                           Networks Research Centre, BT Research
B54/130 Adastral Park,Martlesham Heath,Ipswich,IP5 3RE,UK.   +44 1473 645196

---

From: "Saverio Mascolo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 18:07:07 +0200

mark,
i think there is at least one important missing that you should mention,
that is a reference to  the evaluation work over gigabit nets made by les
cottrell at SLAC. at my best knowledge  it is the most significant effort of
independent evaluation going on.

cheers,
saverio