Subject: Re: [TSVWG] - Comments on WGLC "MLPP-that-works"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 11:27:39 EDT

In a message dated 8/14/2005 10:09:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> my apologies if my information is out of date but I was under the  
> impression that the majority of KG-xx encryptors "commonly used in  
> the DoD" nets are at the link level and therefore transparent to RSVP.
> 

There are two types of encryptors: KG-xx (link) and HAIPE (packet). You're 
right about KG-xx encryptors, but the plans are to use HAIPE and migrate to full 
use of them (even being embedded in every end devices).

There is currently a lot of discussion about the fact that HAIPEs would block 
RSVP (and some other techniques) and how to correct this. It is not certain 
that the powers that be will ever allow the necesary information (RSVP, etc) to 
be sent in the clear. That's why we need to continue to look at various 
solutions.

Mike
_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg