Subject: [Tsvwg] Linux Kernel patch implementing UDP-Lite/IPv4 (RFC3828)

From: "William Stanislaus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:01:28 +0100

This email announces availability of a new Linux kernel patch to support the
UDP-Lite transport protocol for IPv4.

The current patch is for Linux Kernel version 2.6.12.3 and above. It
supports only IPv4 (IPv6 may follow, if there is interest). Support is
provided for netstat, to provide send/receive statistics.
To install this patch fetch the tar file from:
www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/users/william/tools/udplite.tar.gz

There is also a brief HOW-TO available from:
www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/users/william/tools/UDPLite-patch.pdf

Udplite.tar.gz also includes a small UDP-Lite client, server program for
experiment. 

The author would welcome feedback on the implementation, and notes of any
bugs or abnormalities.
 
He would also welcome experimentation with this stack using the Internet,
any people interested in this, please do contact the author.

Best Regards,
William Stanislaus | Research Student
University of Aberdeen.

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg