Subject: RE: [Tsvwg] WGLC on SCTP IG

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:34:07 +0300

Michael,

The term 'corrections' seems like normative text, which would be out
of place for an information document.

How about:

 This document is a compilation of issues found during six 
 interoperability events and 5 years of experience with implementing, 
 testing, and using SCTP, along with their suggestion fixes.  This 
 documents provides deltas to RFC 2960 and is organized in a 
 time based way. The issues are listed in the order they were 
 brought up. As some text is modified several times in the document,
 the last delta in the text is the one which should be considered.
 The deltas to the existing RFC 2960 text is given, along with the
 description of the problem and details of the solution is given.

John

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
>On Behalf Of ext Michael Tuexen
>Sent: 29 August, 2005 16:05
>To: [email-masked]'
>Subject: [Tsvwg] WGLC on SCTP IG
>
>Dear all,
>
>here is a suggestion for an abstract:
>
><abstract>
><t>This document is a compilation of corrections of RFC 2960 
>based on six interoperability and an almost 5 years period of 
>experience with implementing, testing, and using SCTP. This 
>documents provides deltas to RFC 2960 and is organized in a 
>time based way. The issues are listed in the order they were 
>brought up. Because some text is changed several time the last 
>delta in the text is the one which should be applied. In 
>addition to the delta a description of the problem and the 
>solution is given.</t> </abstract>
>
>Comments?
>
>Best regards
>Michael
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>tsvwg mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg
>

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg

---

From: Randall Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 09:43:02 -0400

>  testing, and using SCTP, along with their suggestion fixes.  This 

Would it not sound a bit better to be:

"along with the suggested fixes."

for some reason my brain can't get around "along with their suggestion
fixes"..

Or is it just me?

R

-- 
Randall Stewart
803-345-0369 <or> 815-342-5222(cell)

---

From: Peter Lei <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:03:32 -0500

Looks good.

Some minor grammatical changes to consider:

"This document is a compilation of issues found during six 
interoperability events and 5 years of experience with implementing,
testing, and using SCTP, along with the suggested fixes.  This
document provides deltas to RFC 2960 and is organized in a time
based way.  The issues are listed in the order they were brought
up.  Since some text is modified several times in the document, the
last delta in the text is the one which should be considered.  The
deltas to the existing RFC 2960 text are given, along with the
description of the problem and the details of the solution."

This documents provides deltas -> This document provides deltas
As some text is modified -> Since/Because some text is modified
details of the solution is given. -> the details of the solution.

thanks,
--peter

Randall Stewart wrote:
>>  documents provides deltas to RFC 2960 and is organized in a  time 
>> based way. The issues are listed in the order they were  brought up. 
>> As some text is modified several times in the document,
>>> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
>>> Behalf Of ext Michael Tuexen
>>> <t>This document is a compilation of corrections of RFC 2960 based on 
>>> six interoperability and an almost 5 years period of experience with 
>>> implementing, testing, and using SCTP. This documents provides deltas 
>>> to RFC 2960 and is organized in a time based way. The issues are 
>>> listed in the order they were brought up. Because some text is 
>>> changed several time the last delta in the text is the one which 
>>> should be applied. In addition to the delta a description of the 
>>> problem and the solution is given.</t> </abstract>
>>>
>>> Comments?
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>> Michael
>>>
>>>