Subject: [Tsvwg] Updated XCP version: xcp-nodiv

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 16:17:24 -0700

All-

We have completed an update on the XCP end-system and router code resulting 
in a release of xcp-nodiv for FreeBSD-5.3.

The most significant change is that the per-packet router calculations no 
longer include division.  This change is important because performing 
line-rate divisions on production routers is undesirable.  To facilitate 
this change we changed the Throughput header field to carry RTT/Throughput. 
This value may be thought of as an idealized inter-packet time, although we 
just call it 'X'.

The tarball also includes a matching protocol specification, modified 
analysis tools, and scripts for exercising the algorithm.

We continue to develop the algorithm.  Current work addresses identifying 
and responding appropriately to non-XCP queues, sharing bottleneck capacity 
fairly with Reno-style flows, evaluating performance under a variety of 
environments (e.g., intermittent links) and traffic models (e.g., web 
mice), and a network processor implementation.

The tarball, specification (submitted for publication as 
draft-falk-xcp-spec-01.txt), and mailing list information can be found at 
<http://www.isi.edu/isi-xcp>.

--aaron

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg