Subject: [Tsvwg] draft-ietf-tsvwg-quickstart-01.txt

From: Sally Floyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 15:00:57 -0700

We have submitted the revised version of the Quick-Start draft:

http://www.icir.org/floyd/papers/draft-ietf-tsvwg-quickstart-01.txt
http://www.icir.org/floyd/papers/draft-ietf-tsvwg-quickstart-01.ps

We are hoping that this is ready for WG Last Call.

The two major changes have been a change to a 30-bit QS Nonce instead
of a 4-bit QS Nonce (based on a proposal from Guohan Lu and on
feedback from Gorry Fairhurst), and significant revising of the
section on IP Tunnels (based on extensive feedback from David Black
and Joe Touch).

Many many thanks to everyone.  Any additional feedback would
be appreciated.

(And I will be in South Africa on vacation for the next two weeks,
so my response to any feedback might be somewhat delayed...)

- Sally
http://www.icir.org/floyd/

     Changes from draft-ietf-tsvwg-quickstart-00:
     * Added a 30-bit QS Nonce.  Based on feedback from Guohan Lu
       and Gorry Fairhurst (and deleted the text about a possible
       four-bit QS nonce).
     * Added a new section "Quick-Start and IPsec AH", based on feedback
         from Joe Touch and David Black.
     * Revised "Quick-Start in IP Tunnels" Section, based on feedback
       from Joe Touch and David Black.
     * Added a section about "Possible Uses for the Reserved Fields".
     * Changes from feedback from Gorry Fairhurst:
       - Section 4.4, revised the explanation for reducing the
         congestion window when the first ACK for a Quick-Start
         packet is received.
       - Section 6.4, deleted the last sentence.
       - Minor editing changes.
       - Revised Section 4.6.2 to say that sender SHOULD send one packet
         with an initial RTO of three seconds.
       - Revised Section 4.6.3 to say that the TCP sender SHOULD use an
         initial RTO setting of three seconds.
       - Added text to Section 6.2 on Multiple Paths, discussing
           multi-path routing.
       - Clarified about GPRS round-trip times.
       - Clarified about PMTUD and the first window of data.
       - A small reorganization, rearranging sections.
     * Changes from feedback from Martin Duke:
       - Revised text about the size of QS requests.
       - Added some text to Section 4.1, about when to send QS requests.

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg