Subject: Re: [Tsvwg] Re: [tsv-area] consensus call: bringing new congestion control to the IETF

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 18:02:53 +0300

On 2007-4-20, at 12:57, ext Lars Eggert wrote:
> On 2007-4-6, at 11:01, ext Lars Eggert wrote:
>> after the presentation at TSVAREA, there was strong consensus in  
>> the room for the presented process to bring new congestion control  
>> to the IETF. I'd like to confirm that the community as a whole has  
>> consensus on this.
>>
>> Please take a look at the following draft ION, which describes the  
>> process from the presentation: http://www.ietf.org/IESG/content/ 
>> ions/drafts/ion-tsv-alt-cc.txt
>>
>> The consensus call will run until April 18, 2007. Please review  
>> the draft ION and send comments by the deadline.
>
> I have seen very few comments during this consensus call, but all  
> where positive. Together with the strong positive feedback from  
> Prague, my take is that we have community consensus on this  
> procedure. If you think I'm misjudging the consensus, please yell.

This ION has since been discussed by the IESG and several changes  
have been suggested that I have rolled into a new revision. Mostly,  
these changes clarify that the expert review in the ICCRG that the  
ION describes is a mechanism that the transport ADs are free to  
employ anyway for documents that the area produces. It only clarifies  
that for new congestion control schemes, the ADs _will_ request such  
an expert review.

I'd like to double-check that the area still has consensus on the  
revised ION, before I bring it back to the IESG for final approval.  
Please send comments by next Friday, June 22.

(Eventually, the new revision should be accessible at the URL above;  
for now, it is in the svn repository at http://www3.tools.ietf.org/ 
group/iesg/trac/browser/ions/drafts/ion-tsv-alt-cc.txt?format=txt -  
make sure you're reviewing the version dated June 14. I'm attaching a  
diff below.)

Lars

---

From: Sally Floyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:12:11 -0700

> Please send comments by next Friday, June 22.

I looked over the changes, and I support this document
moving to the IESG for final approval.

- Sally
http://www.icir.org/floyd/