Subject: [Tsvwg] Initial I-D: draft-briscoe-tsvwg-ecn-tunnel-00

From: Bob Briscoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 10:41:12 +0100

James & TSVWG folks,

The draft proposing to bring RFC3168 ECN tunnelling behaviour into line 
with the new RFC4301 IPsec behaviour will appear shortly in internet-drafts 
(see below for header block/abstract etc)

If you wish, until it pops out onto internet-drafts you can access my local 
copy in various formats via:
<http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/B.Briscoe/pubs.html#ecn-tunnel>

Cheers

Bob

>Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 10:22:33 +0100
>To: [email-masked]
>From: Bob Briscoe <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Initial I-D: draft-briscoe-tsvwg-ecn-tunnel-00
>Cc: "BLACK, David" <[email-masked]>
>
>Internet-Drafts,
>
>Hi. Please upload the new Initial Internet Draft at the URL below to the 
>IETF Internet Drafts Directory.
><http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/B.Briscoe/projects/ipe2eqos/gqs/papers/draft-briscoe-tsvwg-ecn-tunnel-00.txt>
>
>Author, title, abstract etc below.
>
>It is part of discussions in the Transport Area (TSVWG), but it is not 
>(yet) a working group draft - just a personal contribution at this time.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>=============================================================================
>Transport Area Working Group                                  B. Briscoe
>Internet-Draft                                                        BT
>Intended status: Standards Track                           June 30, 2007
>Expires: January 1, 2008
>
>             Layered Encapsulation of Congestion Notification
>                    draft-briscoe-tsvwg-ecn-tunnel-00
>
>Abstract
>
>    This document redefines how the explicit congestion notification
>    (ECN) field of the outer IP header of a tunnel should be constructed.
>    It brings all IP in IP tunnels (v4 or v6) into line with the way
>    IPsec tunnels now construct the ECN field, ensuring that the outer
>    header reveals any congestion experienced so far on the path.  It
>    specifies the default ECN tunneling behaviour for any Diffserv per-
>    hop behaviour (PHB), but also gives general principles to guide the
>    design of alternate congestion marking behaviours for specific PHBs
>    and for lower layer congestion notification schemes.
>=============================================================================
>
>

____________________________________________________________________________
Notice: This contribution is the personal view of the author and does not 
necessarily reflect the technical nor commercial direction of BT plc.
____________________________________________________________________________
Bob Briscoe,                           Networks Research Centre, BT Research
B54/77 Adastral Park,Martlesham Heath,Ipswich,IP5 3RE,UK.    +44 1473 645196