Subject: [Tsvwg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tsvwg-udp-guidelines-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: UDP Usage Guidelines for Application Designers
	Author(s)	: L. Eggert, G. Fairhurst
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tsvwg-udp-guidelines-01.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2007-6-11
	
The User Datagram Protocol (UDP) provides a minimal, message-passing
   transport that has no inherent congestion control mechanisms.
   Because congestion control is critical to the stable operation of the
   Internet, applications and upper-layer protocols that choose to use
   UDP as an Internet transport must employ mechanisms to prevent
   congestion collapse and establish some degree of fairness with
   concurrent traffic.  This document provides guidelines on the use of
   UDP for the designers of such applications and upper-layer protocols
   that cover congestion-control and other topics, including message
   sizes and reliability.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-udp-guidelines-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-tsvwg-udp-guidelines-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-udp-guidelines-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.