Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-strrst-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 03:29:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) Stream Reconfiguration
	Author(s)       : Randall R. Stewart
                          Peter Lei
                          Michael Tuexen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-strrst-10.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2011-06-26

   Many applications that use SCTP want the ability to &quot;reset&quot; a stream.
   The intention of resetting a stream is to set the numbering sequence
   of the stream back to &#39;zero&#39; with a corresponding notification to the
   upper layer that this has been performed.  The applications that want
   this feature want it so that they can &quot;re-use&quot; streams for different
   purposes but still utilize the stream sequence number so that the
   application can track the message flows.  Thus, without this feature,
   a new use of an old stream would result in message numbers greater
   than expected unless there is a protocol mechanism to &quot;reset the
   streams back to zero&quot;.  This document also includes methods for
   resetting the transport sequence numbers, adding additional streams
   and resetting all stream sequence numbers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-strrst-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-strrst-10.txt

---

From: Randy Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 06:55:42 -0400

This submission has all the previous comments.. not to many I think..

It was about to expire so I thought it best to update (especially since
my affiliation has changed ;-)

Still unresolved is the out-of-band vs in-band idea... again
I don't see how you do this totally inband..

R

> ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-strrst-10.txt

-----
Randall Stewart
[email-masked]

---

From: Michael Tüxen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 13:11:06 +0200

On Jun 26, 2011, at 12:55 PM, Randy Stewart wrote:

> This submission has all the previous comment .. not to many I think..
These issues are not yet resolved, but on my ToDo list:
* Address Geavins comments.
* Add incoming streams request parameters.

These were the points brought up during LC, which I know hoe to address.
And the out-of-band vs. in-band discussion, which is still open.

Best regards
Michael

---

From: "t.petch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 16:08:58 +0200

There are still some quirks of spelling, some old, some new, and I think that
the race
condition is still not wholy covered in 5.2.3.  I am thinking of a case where
the
Incoming SSN Reset Request Parameter specifies eg streams 2 and 3 while the
Outgoing
SSN Reset Request Parameter specifies eg streams 1 and 2.

Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Tüxen" <[email-masked]>
To: "Randy Stewart" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "tsvwg list" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2011 1:11 PM
Subject: Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-strrst-10.txt

Best regards
Michael
>> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories. This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group
Working Group of the IETF.