Subject: draft-gont-tsvwg-source-quench: IANA Considerations section

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 02:24:10 -0300

Folks,

Carlos Pignataro has suggested that the IANA Considerations section of
the document should request IANA to mark the corresponding ICMP type as
"Deprecated".

This seems to make sense, and thus I'm planning to incorporate the
following text in the IANA considerations section:

     IANA is requested to mark ICMP type 4 (Source Quench) as
     "Deprecated" in de ICMP Parameters registry [ICMPPARREG]
     with a reference to this document.

Please yell if you disagree with this.

Thanks!

Best regards,
-- 
Fernando Gont
e-mail: [email-masked] || [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 7809 84F5 322E 45C7 F1C9 3945 96EE A9EF D076 FFF1

---

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2011 16:48:38 -0700

Hi, all,

I agree with the IANA recommendation below.

I don't agree with "yell if you disagree" - I prefer "yell either way".

Silence should never be taken as acceptance, pro or con.

Joe