Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpsocket-31.txt> (Sockets API Extensions for Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP)) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 17:53:30 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Area Working Group WG
(tsvwg) to consider the following document:
- 'Sockets API Extensions for Stream Control Transmission Protocol
(SCTP)'
  <draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpsocket-31.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-09-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a mapping of the Stream Control Transmission
   Protocol (SCTP) into a sockets API.  The benefits of this mapping
   include compatibility for TCP applications, access to new SCTP
   features and a consolidated error and event notification scheme.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpsocket/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpsocket/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.