Subject: Updated Recommendations - Deprecation of ICMP Source Quench messages

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 07:52:40 +0100

Dear all,

The document editor has updated the Source Quench I-D to make stronger 
recommendations deprecating the use of this ICMP message by transport 
protocols. I worked with Fernando on this and I think this now also 
reflects my understanding of the most recent position discussed in 
TSVWG. Please read:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-source-quench-02

According to our charter, this document is due for WGLC in October, if 
you have thoughts or contributions on this topic please do send email to 
this list.

Best wishes,

Gorry

---

From: Hagen Paul Pfeifer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 22:55:14 +0200

* Gorry Fairhurst | 2011-09-24 07:52:40 [+0100]:

>The document editor has updated the Source Quench I-D to make
>stronger recommendations deprecating the use of this ICMP message by
>transport protocols. I worked with Fernando on this and I think this
>now also reflects my understanding of the most recent position
>discussed in TSVWG. Please read:
>
>According to our charter, this document is due for WGLC in October,
>if you have thoughts or contributions on this topic please do send
>email to this list.

A small spelling mistake: s/SCCP/DCCP/

... apart from that: +1 for this I-D.

Hagen