Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-strrst-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 12:34:34 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) Stream Reconfiguration
	Author(s)       : Randall R. Stewart
                          Michael Tuexen
                          Peter Lei
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-strrst-13.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2011-12-08

   Many applications that use SCTP want the ability to "reset" a stream.
   The intention of resetting a stream is to set the numbering sequence
   of the stream back to 'zero' with a corresponding notification to the
   application layer that the reset has been performed.  Applications
   requiring this feature want it so that they can "re-use" streams for
   different purposes but still utilize the stream sequence number so
   that the application can track the message flows.  Thus, without this
   feature, a new use of an old stream would result in message numbers
   greater than expected unless there is a protocol mechanism to "reset
   the streams back to zero".  This document also includes methods for
   resetting the transport sequence numbers, adding additional streams
   and resetting all stream sequence numbers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-strrst-13.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-strrst-13.txt