Subject: RFC 6458 on Sockets API Extensions for the Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 14:18:24 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6458

        Title:      Sockets API Extensions for the 
                    Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) 
        Author:     R. Stewart, M. Tuexen,
                    K. Poon, P. Lei,
                    V. Yasevich
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      115
        Characters: 237112
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpsocket-32.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6458.txt

This document describes a mapping of the Stream Control Transmission
Protocol (SCTP) into a sockets API.  The benefits of this mapping
include compatibility for TCP applications, access to new SCTP
features, and a consolidated error and event notification scheme.
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC