Subject: [tsvwg] New side ID discussing DiffServ brought up in Paris

From: James Polk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 16:31:16 -0500

TSVWG
(individual hat on)

I've written a new DiffServ draft discussing a problem statement 
surrounding why we feel the need to update RFC 4594, and soon update 
RFC 5127. This -00 has already had a few comments on the list, and 
I've quickly updated to a -01 version based on Brian's comments. The 
links are below.

We will have a presentation on this draft in Vancouver - and hope to 
have it be in what TSVWG should consider a second meeting slot, even 
though it may be called something different (like 'DiffServ'). The 
reason for this is to get more folks from other areas involved in the 
discussion that wouldn't normally come to our TSVWG meetings.

Comments are welcome and, in fact, requested.

James

>From: <[email-masked]>
>To: <[email-masked]>
>Subject: I-D Action: draft-polk-diffserv-stds-problem-statement-01.txt
>Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 14:07:41 -0700
>
>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
>directories.
>
>         Title           : The Problem Statement for the Standard 
> Configuration of DiffServ Service Classes
>         Author(s)       : James Polk
>         Filename        : draft-polk-diffserv-stds-problem-statement-01.txt
>         Pages           : 9
>         Date            : 2012-06-20
>
>Abstract:
>    This document describes the problem statement on two recently
>    proposed expansions to DiffServ. The first of these expansions
>    proposes updating the informational RFC 4594 document to standards
>    track status, while making the necessary changes to make it current;
>    for example, creating more granular traffic treatments, some with
>    new Per Hop Behaviors (PHB). The second proposal defines 6 new
>    DiffServ Codepoints necessary from these new PHBs in the proposal
>    within the first draft.
>
>
>
>The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-polk-diffserv-stds-problem-statement
>
>There's also a htmlized version available at:
>http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-polk-diffserv-stds-problem-statement-01
>
>A diff from previous version is available at:
>http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-polk-diffserv-stds-problem-statement-01
>
>
>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
>ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
>
>_______________________________________________
>I-D-Announce mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
>Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
>or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt