Subject: [tsvwg] Support for Remote Participation at the July 28 IAB / IRTF Workshop on Congestion Control for Interactive Real-Time Communication

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 19:34:27 -0500

FYI...here's an updated announcement. Note, that arrangements are being
made to allow remote participation.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Subject: [rtcweb] Support for Remote Participation at the July 28 IAB /
IRTF Workshop on Congestion Control for Interactive Real-Time Communication
To: [email-masked]

 The Program Committee has received inquiries about remote participation at
the IAB/IRTF Congestion Control Workshop to be held on June 28, 2012 in
Vancouver, Canada.  While participants are strongly encouraged to attend
the meeting in person, arrangements for remote participation are planned
(for those with accepted papers).   Therefore if you were considering
submitting a paper but could not make the workshop in person, we would
encourage you to go ahead and submit;  please indicate in your submission
if you are only able to participate remotely.

*Call for Papers*

The IAB and IRTF will hold a workshop on "Congestion Control for
Interactive Real-Time Communication" in Vancouver, Canada on Saturday, July
28th, 2012 prior to the IETF-84 meeting.  More information on the workshop
is available at  http://www.iab.org/cc-workshop/

This is an invitation-only workshop.

Every prospective workshop participant must submit a position paper. The
position paper reflects your views on a particular area of the workshop
theme. We are interested in your opinion as an expert rather than your
official company position.  Keep your submission short and focused.  The
focus should be on the problems and challenges that exist, rather than a
detailed solution.  If your expertise allows you to write about a range of
topics, please pick the one topic you think would bring the most value to
the workshop.

Papers up to 3 pages, formatted in HTML, PDF, or plain text (for example,
as a submitted Internet-Draft) are ideal.  Authors of accepted papers will
be invited to the workshop.  Accepted position papers will be published.

Please use the following Website for submitting your papers:

http://iab.org/ccirtc/paper?p=new

 *Important Dates *

Position paper submission deadline: June 23, 2012

Notification to paper authors: June 30, 2012

Workshop date: July 28, 2012

Note: please contact us if you are interested in submitting a paper but
have an issue with the submission deadline.

*IPR Policy *

Due to the close relationship to ongoing IRTF and IETF work, the IPR
policies described in RFC 5378 and RFC 3979 apply, both to submitted
position papers and to discussions at the workshop.

*Privacy Notice *

Paper submissions have to contain a name and an email address. We use this
information to subscribe you to a mailing list for sharing workshop related
information prior to the workshop (e.g., updates regarding the meeting
venue, feedback on the position paper submissions). This specially created
mailing list is only used for the duration of the workshop and will be
deleted after the publication of the workshop report (which may take
several months). You may at any time decide to unsubscribe from the mailing
list (at your risk of missing information workshop related postings).

Your name will be listed in the meeting minutes and the workshop report. We
will also publish all accepted position papers.

There will be an audio recording of the workshop discussion. This workshop
recording will not be distributed to the workshop participants nor to the
public; the purpose of the recording is to ensure that the workshop report
and the meeting minutes accurately reflect the discussions.

*Meeting Venue*

The workshop will be held in Vancouver, Canada on Saturday, July 28th, 2012
prior to the IETF-84 meeting (see http://www.ietf.org/meeting/84/index.html).
Additional details about the meeting venue will be provided to authors of
accepted papers.

While participants are strongly encouraged to attend the meeting in person,
arrangements for remote participation are planned (for those with accepted
papers).   Please indicate in your submission if you are only able to
participate remotely.

*Sponsorship*

If you are interested to help us working towards better interactive media
congestion control mechanisms on the Internet (such as by making a
contribution towards catering costs and room rental), please contact us!

*Contact Information *

In case of questions please send email to mary.ietf.barnes at gmail.com

_______________________________________________
rtcweb mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb