Subject: [tsvwg] An implementation of TCM

From: "Jose Saldana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 10:36:38 +0100

Hi all,
 
We have just finished an implementation of TCM.
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-saldana-tsvwg-tcmtf/
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-suznjevic-tsvwg-mtd-tcmtf/
 
The implementation is simple, but it works. Its name is “Simplemux”. It runs
in Linux. It is programmed in C, and makes use of TUN/TAP. It is here:
http://diec.unizar.es/~jsaldana/personal/simplemux_current_version.zip
 
It is able to:
 
- compress headers with ROHC (using this implementation:
<https://rohc-lib.org/> https://rohc-lib.org/) 
- multiplex a number of packets using separators (something similar to
PPPMux)
- the tunnel is naïve at this stage: just an IP/UDP header using port 55555
 
- It implements four different policies for selecting which packets will be
multiplexed together: period, timeout, number of packets and packet size
limit.

The plan is to perform some tests with real traffic. We will report the
results in this list. If someone else is interested on collaborating and/or
doing some tests, do not hesitate to contact me.
 
Best regards,
 
Jose Saldana