Subject: [tsvwg] Change of intended publication status for draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 14:43:32 +0000

This is a short note to confirm the change in the milestone for the 
intended publication status for draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover from EXP 
to PS.

There are several important changes that have taken place within the WG
that motivate this proposed change of status, and these were discussed 
at the TSVWG meeting in Toronto and on the list. Nobody objected to the
change.

The changes are:

1)  The reason that it was proposed as experimental was due to that the 
work initially looked to address some more fundamental changes to the CC
operation of SCTP.

These intended changes are no longer part of the specification and
consequently the spec is fully aligned with the CC operation as 
specified in RFC4960.

2) In addition there might have been some concerns about the possibility 
for this mechanism to introducing path bouncing with potential harmful 
network impacts. These concerns, however, are believed to be unfounded 
as addressed in Appendix B

We expect this document to shortly sent for WGLC.

Gorry
(TSVWG Co-Chair)