Subject: [tsvwg] SCTP ndata SCTP-PR priority

From: Karen Elisabeth Egede Nielsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 12:55:31 +0200

Hi Michael,

I think that it could be beneficiary in the ndata draft to relate to
(describe) how the ndata SS-PRIORITY scheduling may be used together

with the SCTP-PR priority policy to support “accelerated” prioritized
delivery in which the priority messages will not only be able to expel
lower priority data from the SND buffer but, also be able to outrace lower
priority messages (set to be send on lower priority streams) from  a
transmission perspective.

Apart from the relevance from a usecase perspective then I think that such
a description could be relevant also in order to emphasize the difference

in between the message priority of SCTP-PR and the stream priority of
ndata.  For example I think that it is particularly be relevant to state
explicitly that the priority given to stream does not carry over to (has no
relation to) the SCTP-PR message priority or the messages send on the
stream.

Alternatively – juts for the sort of it - but this I think would be an
addition to/a change of SCTP-PR, RFC6458 and ndata-draft – then one could
also look to that the default SCTP-PR message priority be inherited from
the stream priority SS-PRIORITY or one may ask for a special version of the
stream scheduling SS_PRIORITY* in which this be the case. This would
alleviate SCTP Users from having to pass also the prinfo down in case the
priority in wished managed simply by differentiation on streams. The stream
priority has advantages from a receive perspective in that it would be
feasible to  implement priority on a stream perspective on the reading
side. This is not feasible for the per message prioritization.

Thanks.

BR, Karen

*******************************************************************************************

*Karen Egede Nielsen*

Software Architect, Ph.D.

*Tieto Denmark A/S*

R&D, Telecom & Media

Åhave Parkvej 27, 8260 Viby J, DK-Denmark

Direct Phone / Mobile +45 25134336

E-mail: [email-masked]

*****************************************************************************************

www.tieto.com

*Please note: The information contained in this message may be legally
privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of
this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any unauthorised use, distribution or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it
from your computer. **Thank You.*