Subject: [tsvwg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-gue-02.txt

From: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 16:14:38 -0700

This is an update to Generic UDP Encapsulation (GUE) draft.

Major changes from version 01:
 - Added the C bit in header to indicate payload contains a control (OAM)
message
 - Clarified use of UDP checksums, more restrictive requirements for using
zero checksums
 - Clarified interaction with NAT
 - Added a section on congestion control

Comments are appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-gue-02.txt
To: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>, Lucy Yong <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-herbert-gue-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tom Herbert and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-herbert-gue
Revision:       02
Title:          Generic UDP Encapsulation
Document date:  2014-10-24
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          22
URL:            http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-herbert-gue-02.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-herbert-gue/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-herbert-gue-02
Diff:           http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-herbert-gue-02

Abstract:
   This specification describes Generic UDP Encapsulation (GUE), which
   is a scheme for using UDP to encapsulate packets of arbitrary IP
   protocols for transport across layer 3 networks. By encapsulating
   packets in UDP, specialized capabilities in networking hardware for
   efficient handling of UDP packets can be leveraged. GUE specifies
   basic encapsulation methods upon which higher level constructs, such
   tunnels and overlay networks for network virtualization, can be
   constructed. GUE is extensible by allowing optional meta data as part
   of the encapsulation, and is generic in that it can encapsulate
   packets of various IP protocols.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat