Subject: [tsvwg] Bar-BoF about Simplemux and TCM moved to Thursday

From: "Jose Saldana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 16:50:22 +0200

Hi all,

In order to avoid interference with the QUIC Bar-BoF on Wednesday, the
Bar-BoF about traffic optimization with Simplemux has been moved to:

Thursday 20:15. (You may lose half the bits & bytes) We will meet near the
Registration Desk.

A summary about Simplemux is here:
<http://www.slideshare.net/josemariasaldana/simplemux-a-generic-multiplexing
-protocol>
http://www.slideshare.net/josemariasaldana/simplemux-a-generic-multiplexing-
protocol. In fact, these are the slides to be used in the presentation at
GAIA session in Prague next Wednesday 9.00:
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/93/agenda/gaia/>
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/93/agenda/gaia/ 

Simplemux is a lightweight protocol designed for creating a tunnel of
multiplexed packets. We have built an implementation:
<https://github.com/TCM-TF/simplemux> https://github.com/TCM-TF/simplemux.

When combined with ROHC compression, significant savings can be obtained as
e.g. a 45% bandwidth reduction when multiplexing a number of RTP VoIP flows
together.

The idea of the Bar-BOF is to give a more detailed explaining about
Simplemux, and to show the protocol running between a set of (virtual)
machines.

The implementation has been built in C, and it can even run in a low-cost
Access Point running OpenWRT.

Best regards,

Jose Saldana