Subject: [tsvwg] Document Action: 'Diffserv-Interconnection classes and practice' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-tsvwg-diffserv-intercon-14.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 06:22:01 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Diffserv-Interconnection classes and practice'
  (draft-ietf-tsvwg-diffserv-intercon-14.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Transport Area Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Mirja Kühlewind and Spencer Dawkins.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-diffserv-intercon/

Technical Summary

   This document defines a limited common set of Diffserv PHBs and
   codepoints (DSCPs) to be applied at (inter)connections of two
   separately administered and operated networks, and explains how this
   approach can simplify network configuration and operation.  Many
   network providers operate MPLS using Treatment Aggregates for traffic
   marked with different Diffserv PHBs, and use MPLS for interconnection
   with other networks.  This document offers a simple interconnection
   approach that may simplify operation of Diffserv for network
   interconnection among providers that use MPLS and apply the Short-
   Pipe tunnel mode.

Working Group Summary

   The document has received significant feedback from the WG.

   There is strong consensus on the discussed DSCPs.

Document Quality

   This document proceeded in parallel with related ITU-T specification (Y.1566).

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd?  Gorry Fairhurst

  Who is the Responsible Area Director? Spencer Dawkins