Subject: [tsvwg] [Errata Verified] RFC4594 (4910)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 01:17:29 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC4594,
"Configuration Guidelines for DiffServ Service Classes". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=4594&eid=4910

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Editorial

Reported by: David Black <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2017-01-18
Verified by: Mirja Kühlewind (IESG)

Section: 4.8

Original Text
-------------
It can be assumed that this class will consume any available
bandwidth and that packets traversing congested links may
experience higher queuing delays or packet loss.

Corrected Text
--------------
As this class is expected to consist of TCP traffic and
other traffic with a TCP-like response to available bandwidth
and network bottlenecks, it can be assumed that this class
will consume any available bandwidth and that packets
traversing congested links may experience higher queuing
delays or packet loss.

Notes
-----
This errata adds some explanation to a sentence in the description of the High-Throughput Data Service Class.  The original sentence was misread to imply less than best effort service as part of work on WiFi mapping of Diffserv.  That implication is incorrect, e.g., as indicated by the AF1x DSCP marking recommendation.  The added explanation was agreed to with the WiFi Diffserv draft authors as sufficient to avoid any implication that less than best effort service is appropriate for this traffic service class.

--------------------------------------
RFC4594 (draft-ietf-tsvwg-diffserv-service-classes-02)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Configuration Guidelines for DiffServ Service Classes
Publication Date    : August 2006
Author(s)           : J. Babiarz, K. Chan, F. Baker
Category            : INFORMATIONAL
Source              : Transport Area Working Group
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG