Subject: [tsvwg] WGLC completed and revised ID submitted for publication: draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-ndata-11

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 09:04:40 +0100

The following publication request has been submited to Spencer on 22nd 
June 2017, requesting publication of draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-ndata-11.

Best wishes,

Gorry
(tsvwg co-chair)

----

As required by RFC 4858, this is the current template for the Document 
Shepherd Write-Up.
This version is dated 24 February 2012.

(1) What type of RFC is being requested (BCP, Proposed Standard, 
Internet Standard, Informational, Experimental, or Historic)? Why is 
this the proper type of RFC? Is this type of RFC indicated in the title 
page header?

Standards Track, PS.

(2) The IESG approval announcement includes a Document Announcement 
Write-Up. Please provide such a Document Announcement Write-Up. Recent 
examples can be found in the "Action" announcements for approved 
documents. The approval announcement contains the following sections:

Technical Summary:
    The Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) is a message oriented
    transport protocol supporting arbitrarily large user messages.  This
    document adds a new chunk to SCTP for carrying payload data.  This
    allows a sender to interleave different user messages that would
    otherwise result in head of line blocking at the sender.

    Whenever an SCTP sender is allowed to send user data, it may choose
    from multiple outgoing SCTP streams.  Multiple ways for performing
    this selection, called stream schedulers, are defined.  A stream
    scheduler can choose to either implement, or not implement, user
    message interleaving.

    In line with other SCTP specifications, this document includes an 
informational   appendix describing and API to the mechanisms.

Working Group Summary:

The document has received feedback from the WG. The FreeBSD kernel 
implementation and the userland stack usrsctp (which shares most of the 
code) both support sending and receiving of I-DATA chunks. An 
implementation of interleaving schedulers is planned in the timeframe of 
IETF 99.

Document Quality:

This document is one of several relating to WebRTC Datachannels, and has 
received inputs from other related WGs.

Personnel:

Who is the Document Shepherd?  Gorry Fairhurst

Who is the Responsible Area Director? Spencer Dawkins

(3) Briefly describe the review of this document that was performed by 
the Document Shepherd. If this version of the document is not ready for 
publication, please explain why the document is being forwarded to the IESG.

This document is ready.

(4) Does the document Shepherd have any concerns about the depth or 
breadth of the reviews that have been performed?

No. This draft has been reviewed many times.

(5) Do portions of the document need review from a particular or from 
broader perspective, e.g., security, operational complexity, AAA, DNS, 
DHCP, XML, or internationalization? If so, describe the review that took 
place.

No.

(6) Describe any specific concerns or issues that the Document Shepherd 
has with this document that the Responsible Area Director and/or the 
IESG should be aware of? For example, perhaps he or she is uncomfortable 
with certain parts of the document, or has concerns whether there really 
is a need for it. In any event, if the WG has discussed those issues and 
has indicated that it still wishes to advance the document, detail those 
concerns here.

None.

(7) Has each author confirmed that any and all appropriate IPR 
disclosures required for full conformance with the provisions of BCP 78 
and BCP 79 have already been filed. If not, explain why?

The authors confirm they know of no IPR.

(8) Has an IPR disclosure been filed that references this document? If 
so, summarize any WG discussion and conclusion regarding the IPR 
disclosures.

No IPR disclosures known.

(9) How solid is the WG consensus behind this document? Does it 
represent the strong concurrence of a few individuals, with others being 
silent, or does the WG as a whole understand and agree with it?

The document has been presented to the WG and there was consensus on the 
document during WGLC. Minor issues were raised, and changes have been 
incorporated in this revision of the ID.

(10) Has anyone threatened an appeal or otherwise indicated extreme 
discontent? If so, please summarise the areas of conflict in separate 
email messages to the Responsible Area Director. (It should be in a 
separate email because this questionnaire is publicly available.)

No.

(11) Identify any ID nits the Document Shepherd has found in this 
document. (See http://www.ietf.org/tools/idnits/ and the Internet-Drafts 
Checklist). Boilerplate checks are not enough; this check needs to be 
thorough.

None.

(12) Describe how the document meets any required formal review 
criteria, such as the MIB Doctor, media type, and URI type reviews.

Not required.

(13) Have all references within this document been identified as either 
normative or informative?

Yes.

(14) Are there normative references to documents that are not ready for 
advancement or are otherwise in an unclear state? If such normative 
references exist, what is the plan for their completion?

No.

(15) Are there downward normative references references (see RFC 3967)? 
If so, list these downward references to support the Area Director in 
the Last Call procedure.

No.

(16) Will publication of this document change the status of any existing 
RFCs? Are those RFCs listed on the title page header, listed in the 
abstract, and discussed in the introduction? If the RFCs are not listed 
in the Abstract and Introduction, explain why, and point to the part of 
the document where the relationship of this document to the other RFCs 
is discussed. If this information is not in the document, explain why 
the WG considers it unnecessary.

None.

(17) Describe the Document Shepherd's review of the IANA considerations 
section, especially with regard to its consistency with the body of the 
document. Confirm that all protocol extensions that the document makes 
are associated with the appropriate reservations in IANA registries. 
Confirm that any referenced IANA registries have been clearly 
identified. Confirm that newly created IANA registries include a 
detailed specification of the initial contents for the registry, that 
allocations procedures for future registrations are defined, and a 
reasonable name for the new registry has been suggested (see RFC 5226).
This memo includes a request to IANA, see the IANA considerations. The 
request seems to be consistent with other SCTP assignments.

(18) List any new IANA registries that require Expert Review for future 
allocations. Provide any public guidance that the IESG would find useful 
in selecting the IANA Experts for these new registries.
This memo does not include a request for a new registry to IANA.

(19) Describe reviews and automated checks performed by the Document 
Shepherd to validate sections of the document written in a formal 
language, such as XML code, BNF rules, MIB definitions, etc.

None.