Subject: [tsvwg] New rev for draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-dscp-registry

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2018 20:29:19 +0100

This email is to announce a new revision to the draft for 
draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-dscp-registry. This revision inlcudes corrections, 
in response to David's review (see below). There changes are all editorial.

Gorry
(as editor)

---

[1] – Abstract –

OLD

Pool 1 Codepoints (i.e., DSCP values of the form

xxxx11) remain available for these purposes

NEW

Pool 2 Codepoints (i.e., DSCP values of the form

xxxx11) remain available for these purposes

- Done

[2] – Section 1, Introduction –

OLD

    At the time of writing this document, 23 of the 32 Pool 1 codepoints

    have currently been assigned.

NEW

    At the time of writing this document, 22 of the 32 Pool 1 codepoints

    have currently been assigned.

- Done

[3] – Section 3, the Update to RFC2474 –

Figure 2 omits the “Reserved for experimental or Local Use” note on Pool 
2 in the IANA registry. Either here, or in Section 5 IANA 
Considerations, it needs to be clear that IANA is to preserve that note. 
The underlying situation appears to be that in creating the registry, 
IANA appears to have added the Note column to the initial contents 
specified in RFC 2474, and Figure 2 is updating RFC 2474’s contents. I 
would add the note to the Pool 2 line Figure 2.

- I added the note, so this is not missed by IANA (although the registry 
has more columns that an IETF

ID, and so this was inserted on a separate line. To ne clear, also noted 
the presence of the note in the
IANA considerations.

[4] – References –

Both [RFC8126] and [Registry] need to be Normative References.

I did this.

Editorial nit in first paragraph of Introduction: IPV6 -> IPv6

- Annoyingly, I forgot this, but I have now fixed in the source file - 
so it will be in rev -04.

Gorry