Subject: [tsvwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-dscp-registry-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 May 2018 00:40:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IANA Assignment of DSCP Pool 3 (xxxx01) Values to require Publication of a Standards Track or Best Current Practice RFC
        Author          : Godred Fairhurst
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-dscp-registry-05.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2018-05-10

Abstract:
   The Differentiated Services (Diffserv) architecture specifies use of
   a field in the IPv4 and IPv6 packet headers to carry Diffserv
   Codepoint (DSCP) values.  The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority
   (IANA) maintains a registry of assigned DSCP values.

   This update to RFC2474 changes the IANA assignment method for Pool 3
   of the registry (i.e., DSCP values of the form xxxx01) to Standards
   Action, i.e., values are assigned through a Standards Track or Best
   Current Practice RFC. The update also removes permission for
   experimental and Local Use of the Codepoints that form Pool 3 of the
   DSCP registry; Pool 2 Codepoints (i.e., DSCP values of the form
   xxxx11) remain available for these purposes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-dscp-registry/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-dscp-registry-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-dscp-registry-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-dscp-registry-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/