Subject: [GNAP] still getting used to this new GitHub workflow

From: Aaron Parecki <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2020 07:56:25 -0800

Just wanted to shoot a quick email to the list to apologize for a little
mistake this morning before I had my coffee.

I was processing my emails and saw Justin had approved a PR I had made
yesterday to address two issues, and seeing the bright green "merge" button
and a PR approval, clicked "merge" before remembering that our process is
to first add the "pending merge" label and wait a week for feedback.

We realized what happened pretty quick, and made a call to roll everything
back so that the PR can go through the established process. Since this
happened pretty quick, we decided to do a force push to remove the merge
commit from the "main" branch, and then re-create the PR.

If you happened to pull the GitHub "main" branch between 15:15-15:30 UTC
you will have pulled the merge commit that we overwrote with a force push.
You'll want to roll back to the latest commit prior to
that, 9931fdfd245be58f27d91c36fa8567667a27cbb4.

My apologies, and we'll try to make sure this doesn't happen again! If it
does, we might add some tooling using GitHub actions to prevent accidental
merges in the future.

---
Aaron Parecki
https://aaronparecki.com