Subject: HRL "open house" during IETF-41

From: Yongguang Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 03:34:25 -0800

Hi, All:

We have arranged some sort of "open house" type demo at HRL
laboratories in Malibu, Monday evening (March 30) for IETF-41
and anyone who is interested in internet-over-satellite.
(HRL is a corporate central research facility for Hughes.) 

We will show you our state-of-the-art laboratories on advanced
satellite networking research.  We are planning to show several
sets of demos, including Mbone over satellites, satellite-based
transport protocols, rapid deployable satellite/terrestrial network,
and the satellite integrated service network test-bed. (These are
real satellites. For example, in one of our Mbone-over-Sat demo
you will see how the IETF Mbone sessions are routed over a satellite
from LA to Maryland, then multicasted over another satellite network
(DirecPC), in one of our Mbone-over-satellite demo.)

We will meet right after the 2nd afternoon session (outside MBONED
session), around 5:30pm.  HRL will provide transportation and food.
I don't expect you can make it back to downtown for the evening
sessions, given the distance and the afternoon traffic.  You may
either watch it over Mbone while you are at HRL, or we have
someone drive you back if you wish to leave the crowd earlier.

This should be a good opportunity to know what we are doing in
this area, and discuss technical with our staffs. If you are
interested in a summer intern or simply want to join us, it would
be a perfect chance to check it out.

Because we need to provide you transportation/food, please RSVP
(reply to me, [email-masked]) as soon as possible if you are interested
in attending.

Thanks,

Yongguang
http://www.wins.hrl.com/people/ygz

Disclaimer:  This is not an official IETF event.