Subject: [Unbearable] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tokbind-https-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 20:12:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Token Binding Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Token Binding over HTTP
        Authors         : Andrei Popov
                          Magnus Nyström
                          Dirk Balfanz
                          Adam Langley
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tokbind-https-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2015-10-15

Abstract:
   This document describes a collection of mechanisms that allow HTTP
   servers to cryptographically bind authentication tokens (such as
   cookies and OAuth tokens) to a TLS [RFC5246] connection.

   We describe both _first-party_ as well as _federated_ scenarios.  In
   a first-party scenario, an HTTP server issues a security token (such
   as a cookie) to a client, and expects the client to send the security
   token back to the server at a later time in order to authenticate.
   Binding the token to the TLS connection between client and server
   protects the security token from theft, and ensures that the security
   token can only be used by the client that it was issued to.

   Federated token bindings, on the other hand, allow servers to
   cryptographically bind security tokens to a TLS [RFC5246] connection
   that the client has with a _different_ server than the one issuing
   the token.

   This Internet-Draft is a companion document to The Token Binding
   Protocol [TBPROTO]

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tokbind-https/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tokbind-https-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tokbind-https-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/