Subject: [Unbearable] [TokenBinding/Internet-Drafts] e141bb: Clarified the use of Token Binding in combination ...

From: Andrei Popov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 01:33:27 -0800

Branch: refs/heads/master
  Home:   https://github.com/TokenBinding/Internet-Drafts
  Commit: e141bbf9dd4fb4d6900b9aaca55375a7b4a664f9
      https://github.com/TokenBinding/Internet-Drafts/commit/e141bbf9dd4fb4d6900b9aaca55375a7b4a664f9
  Author: Andrei Popov <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2016-11-17 (Thu, 17 Nov 2016)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-tokbind-negotiation-06.xml
    M draft-ietf-tokbind-protocol-11.xml

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Clarified the use of Token Binding in combination with TLS renegotiation.

---

From: Nick Harper <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 08:04:05 -0800

I created https://github.com/TokenBinding/Internet-Drafts/pull/81 to add
some language about the requirements for using renegotiation with http. I
mentioned in the meeting last week that the spec for token binding with a
specific application protocol needs to describe how the application
protocol ensures that a TokenBindingMessage doesn't get split across
renegotiation and how it knows which side of renegotiation the
TokenBindingMessage belongs to. This PR adds that language to HTTPSTB, and
some language to TBPROTO to describe what a future application profile
would need to specify to support renegotiation with Token Binding.

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 1:33 AM, Andrei Popov <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Unbearable mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/unbearable
>
>

---

From: Andrei Popov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 20:02:16 +0000

Thanks Nick; I’ve merged PR #81 with minor edits.

Cheers,

Andrei

From: Nick Harper [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 8:04 AM
To: Andrei Popov <[email-masked]>
Cc: IETF Tokbind WG <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Unbearable] [TokenBinding/Internet-Drafts] e141bb: Clarified the use of Token Binding in combination ...

I created https://github.com/TokenBinding/Internet-Drafts/pull/81 to add some language about the requirements for using renegotiation with http. I mentioned in the meeting last week that the spec for token binding with a specific application protocol needs to describe how the application protocol ensures that a TokenBindingMessage doesn't get split across renegotiation and how it knows which side of renegotiation the TokenBindingMessage belongs to. This PR adds that language to HTTPSTB, and some language to TBPROTO to describe what a future application profile would need to specify to support renegotiation with Token Binding.

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 1:33 AM, Andrei Popov <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
  Branch: refs/heads/master
  Home:   https://github.com/TokenBinding/Internet-Drafts
  Commit: e141bbf9dd4fb4d6900b9aaca55375a7b4a664f9
      https://github.com/TokenBinding/Internet-Drafts/commit/e141bbf9dd4fb4d6900b9aaca55375a7b4a664f9
  Author: Andrei Popov <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
  Date:   2016-11-17 (Thu, 17 Nov 2016)

  Changed paths:

  Log Message:
  -----------

_______________________________________________
Unbearable mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/unbearable