Subject: [Unbearable] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tokbind-ttrp-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 08:50:44 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Token Binding WG of the IETF.

        Title           : HTTPS Token Binding with TLS Terminating Reverse Proxies
        Author          : Brian Campbell
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tokbind-ttrp-03.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2018-02-26

Abstract:
   This document defines HTTP header fields that enable a TLS
   terminating reverse proxy to convey information to a backend server
   about the validated Token Binding Message received from a client,
   which enables that backend server to bind, or verify the binding of,
   cookies and other security tokens to the client's Token Binding key.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tokbind-ttrp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tokbind-ttrp-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tokbind-ttrp-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tokbind-ttrp-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 12:08:08 -0700

A new draft of "HTTPS Token Binding with TLS Terminating Reverse Proxies"
has been published. The only substantive change is the addition of a header
and encoding/formatting to allow for additional token binding types (other
than provided and referred) to be conveyed from the TTRP to the backend
application(s). That is functionality that had been requested during both
the Singapore and Prague meetings. I'd balked at adding it for a while
because of some skepticism about its usefulness in practice, not wanting to
bloat the document, and lack of clarity around whether or not there is
(rough) consensus for it. I'm still somewhat skeptical but, after making
the addition, I don't think the document bloat is particularly bad. So at
this point I'm looking to better gauge the consensus or lack thereof for
supporting additional token binding types in the TTRP draft.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 9:50 AM
Subject: [Unbearable] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tokbind-ttrp-03.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Token Binding WG of the IETF.

        Title           : HTTPS Token Binding with TLS Terminating Reverse
Proxies
        Author          : Brian Campbell
        Filename        : draft-ietf-tokbind-ttrp-03.txt
        Pages           : 12
        Date            : 2018-02-26

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
Unbearable mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/unbearable

-- 
*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain confidential and privileged 
material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, 
distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you have 
received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately 
by e-mail and delete the message and any file attachments from your 
computer. Thank you.*