Subject: WG Last Call - Guidelines document

From: "Petke, Rich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 09:23:25 -0400

As discussed at the Chicago IETF meeting, it's time to put the
guidelines draft (draft-ietf-urlreg-guide-03.txt) into working group
last call.  The -03 version of the draft was published to the I-D
directory before the Chicago meeting and reflects comments received
after the URI Syntax document went to RFC.  Since no comments were
raised at the Chicago meeting, this draft remains the current draft.

The two week last call period starts today and runs through 9/23 at 5:00
PM EDT.  Typos can be sent to myself directly.  All other edits should
be posted to the list for discussion.

Rich Petke  ([email-masked])
Product Development
WorldCom Advanced Networks  (www.wcom.net)
5000 Britton Road
P. O. Box 5000
Hilliard, OH  43026-5000
Voice: +1-614-723-4157
FAX: +1-614-723-8407

---

From: "Martin J. Duerst" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 15:59:07 +0900

At 09:23 98/09/09 -0400, Petke, Rich wrote:
> last call.

> be posted to the list for discussion.

A few comments, I hope it's not too late:

- RFC [URI-SYNTAX] -> RFC 2396

- "must describe how character sets get encoded": The term "character set"
  is ambiguous (see http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/html-spec/charset-harmful.html).
  -> "must describe how characters get encoded".

- "RFC 2044" -> "RFC 2279" (several instances; this was updated a few months
  ago)

- It looks like 2.2.2, 2.2.4, 2.2.5 are somewhat in parallel (i.e. they
  seem to exclude each other). It would therefore make sense to keep
  them together and to move 2.2.3 to become 2.2.5, or even 2.2.6.

Regards,   Martin.