Subject: [URN] re URN "focus the question"

From: Terry Allen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 08:12:02 -0700

Leslie wrote:
>[Leslie's comments as WG co-chair:]
I have a real feeling that people are trying to get in some "last licks"
at asserting what the "proper" way to build a "good" URN namespace
will be.  That's the area we have always had most trouble with -- there
is no general agreement on it.  The only way we ever even got a draft
of this document together is by focusing on the non-judgemental, strictly
technical points necessary to make a _functioning_ URN system.    That
remains the primary criterion upon which it should be discussed.       

I agree, and I am puzzled as to what question is being raised now
that has not been discussed before.  Issues of good name space
construction are surely of interest, but unless I'm mistaken
the document under review doesn't deal with that issue.  Have
I missed something?

regards, Terry Allen

Terry Allen				Veo Systems, Inc.
Business Language Designer	        2440 W. El Camino Real
tallen[at]sonic.net                     Mountain View, Calif., 94040
Common Business Library - available at  http://www.veosystems.com/