Subject: [URN] RE: ietf:id: question

From: "Ryan Moats" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 10:08:32 -0500

>   I just took a look at version 07 of the ietf: URN draft, and see
> that the id: form is described as omitting the file type in
> "Declaration of structure", but the example includes the ".txt"
> extension.  This should be clarified.
>   I am planning for the next release of the Grail Internet browser
> (http://grail.python.org/grail/) to include support for the ietf:
> scheme.  Grail is intended as a testing ground for experimental
> "stuff" for web software, and (unfortunately) URN systems are still
> experimental as far as widespread deployment is concerned.
>
>
>   -Fred

The example is wrong.  The correct URN should be
"urn:ietf:id:ietf-urn-ietf-06".
I've corrected it for the upcoming -08 draft.

Please drop me mail when the new Grail browser is available, I'd be
interested
in checking it out.

Thanks,

Ryan