Subject: [URN] URN applet now online

From: "Aaron E. Walsh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 21:28:29 -0400

Hello everyone,

I've updated the Java applet Minet wrapped around our URN classes, and
updated the URN demo site so that you can now test the URN parser over
the Web. You no longer have to download the Java application to try the
URN classes:

 http://www.mantiscorp.com/vrml/umel/prototypes/java/urn/

In the applet demo you'll also find an image that illustrates the
various piece of UMEL URNs (identifier, namespace, assigner, element)
that are described in detail in our group's proposal:

  http://www.vrml.org/WorkingGroups/vrml-umel/proposals/urn.html

The URN class documentation (javadoc) is also available from the applet
demo page if you're interested in developing Java programs with these
new classes.

Best regards,

Aaron Walsh
  http://www.mantiscorp.com/people/aew/

Chair, VRML Universal Media Element Library (VRML-UMEL) Working Group
  http://www.vrml.org/WorkingGroups/vrml-umel/

Co-chair, VRML Intellectual Property Rights (VRML-IPR) Task Group 
  http://www.vrml.org/TaskGroups/vrml-ipr/