Subject: Java implementation.

From: Dirk-Willem van Gulik <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 23:39:43 -0700

Just realized how stale my bookmark list has become...
ftp://research.netsol.com ,issn.org, vlc.com.au ... what happend to my
world; are URL's perhaps not long term stable enough ?

Any pointers to a recent and updated resolution library written in Java -
I am getting a little annoyed by my SOAP implementation not quite getting
the resolution of the urn's quite right - whilst throwing them around in
just about every id reference.

Txs,

Dw

---

From: Michael Mealling <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 10:09:09 -0400

> just about every id reference.

I have the beginnings of one at http://www.usrlocalsrc.org/URN/download.html
but it needs some serious help. One of the other problems is that
people are using NIDs that aren't registered. While this isn't a huge
issue right now, the only way they will resolve via the urn.arpa domain
when its setup is to be real registered namespaces.

Is there a particular API you'd like the resolver to work with?

-MM

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael Mealling                       | mailto:[email-masked]
Advanced Naming Research Manager       | go:Michael Mealling
Verisign Applied Research              | urn:pin:1

---

From: Justin Couch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 08:30:56 +1000

> Any pointers to a recent and updated resolution library written in Java -

Mine is still very active. The page hasn't changed in a long time, but
the CVS repository has :) Right now, I'm using the lib in the Xj3D
browser for VRML97/X3D content. I'm very happy with the basic library
capabilities so the structure hasn't changed much at all. I'm spending
more time just developing basic capabilities, such as a better set of
content handlers. The only issue I can see on the near term cards is to
add support for the JDK 1.4 URI class.

--
Justin Couch                         http://www.vlc.com.au/~justin/
Freelance Java Consultant                  http://www.yumetech.com/
Author, Java 3D FAQ Maintainer                  http://www.j3d.org/
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Humanism is dead. Animals think, feel; so do machines now.
Neither man nor woman is the measure of all things. Every organism
processes data according to its domain, its environment; you, with
all your brains, would be useless in a mouse's universe..."
                                              - Greg Bear, Slant
-------------------------------------------------------------------