Subject: CAP URL definition

From: Bernard Desruisseaux <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 15:38:43 -0500

[ I'm cross posting this message to ietf-urn in the hope that people
  from this working group might help us with our CAP URL definition. ]

As requested by members of ietf-calendar I've changed my proposal
(see http://www.imc.org/ietf-calendar/mail-archive/msg04439.html)
to forbid CAP URLs of the following forms:

   cap:///abcd1234QWER
   cap:/abcd1234QWER

Comments anyone?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

2.x CAP URL

   The CAP URL scheme is used to designate calendar stores,
   and calendars accessible using the CAP protocol.

   The CAP URL scheme conform to the generic URL syntax,
   defined in RFC 2396, and follows the Guidelines for URL
   Schemes, set forth in RFC 2718.

   A CAP URL begins with the protocol prefix "cap" and is
   defined by the following grammar.

      capurl   = scheme ":" [ "//" csid ] [ "/" relcalid ]
      scheme   = "cap"
      csid     = hostport   ; As defined in Section 3.2.2 of RFC 2396
      relcalid = *uric      ; As defined in Section 2 of RFC 2396

   'relcalid' is an identifier that uniquely identifies a calendar
   on a particular calendar store. There is no implied structure in
   a Relative CALID. It may refer to the calendar of a user or of a
   resource such as a conference room. It MUST be unique within the
   calendar store.

   Examples:

      cap://cal.example.com
      cap://cal.example.com/abcd1234QWER

   Relative CAP URLs are permitted and are resolved according
   to the rules defined in Section 5 of RFC 2396.

   Example of a relative CAP URL:

      abcd1234QWER

2.x Calendar Addresses

   Calendar addresses can be described as absolute or relative
   CAP URLs.

   Examples:

      cap://cal.example.com/abcd1234QWER
      abcd1234QWER

   For a user currently authenticated to the CAP server on
   cal.example.com, all four addresses refer to the same
   calendar.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Bernard
--
Bernard Desruisseaux                    mailto:[email-masked]
Research & Development                  Tel.  : +1 514 733-8500 x4213
Steltor                                 Fax   : +1 514 733-8878