Subject: all of our documents have been published!

From: Michael Mealling <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 17:56:10 -0400

In case anyone missed the announcements, all of the documents that the URN
working group had on its plate have been published:

RFC 3401  Dynamic Delegation Discovery System (DDDS) Part One:
                   The Comprehensive DDDS

RFC 3402  Dynamic Delegation Discovery System (DDDS) Part Two:
                  The Algorithm

RFC 3403  Dynamic Delegation Discovery System (DDDS) Part Three:
                   The Domain Name System (DNS) Database

RFC 3404  Dynamic Delegation Discovery System (DDDS) Part Four:
                   The Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI) Resolution
Application

RFC 3405  (BCP 65) Dynamic Delegation Discovery System (DDDS) Part Five:
                   URI.ARPA Assignment Procedure

RFC 3406 (BCP 66) Uniform Resource Names (URN) Namespace
                    Definition Mechanisms

Also note the fact that since they have been published, the IANA has also
setup and is currently running the uri.arpa and urn.arpa zones. Information
on how to subscribe to the register@ur*.arpa lists will be forthcoming....