Subject: URN Normative reference link for X3D spec?

From: "Aaron E. Walsh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 14:35:51 -0500

Hello everyone,

The Web3D Consortium's Extensible 3D (X3D) work is in the final stages
of submission to ISO (International Standard ISO/IEC FCD 19775:200x
Final Committee Draft), for which URNs are referenced in the Normative
reference part of the X3D spec.

In reviewing this section of the spec I've noticed that the current URN
reference mistakenly calls them "Universal" Resource Names, and I also
wonder if the reference itself (RFC2141 - Moats 1997) is appropriate
considering the work that's gone on with URNs since then? Is there a
single URN reference that would be best (or more up to date) for the
following specification references section?

X3D Normative references:
  http://www.web3d.org/TaskGroups/x3d/X3DSpec_FCD/Part02/references.html

The above Normative References section is also available through the
main X3D spec at:
   http://www.web3d.org/fs_specifications.htm

If there's a single URN resource that would be best for this URN
reference  (or perhaps a master link to various up-to-date resources
that's likely to be a valid link for years to come so that the ref
doesn't break downstream) please let me know so that I can relay that to
the X3D spec group.

Regards,
Aaron
--
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Aaron E. Walsh http://www.mantiscorp.com/people/aew/ 617.536.3279
-------------------------------------------------------------------