Subject: [urn] I-D Action: draft-ietf-urnbis-ns-reg-transition-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 14:49:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Uniform Resource Names, Revised Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace Registration Transition
	Author(s)       : John C Klensin
                          Juha Hakala
	Filename        : draft-ietf-urnbis-ns-reg-transition-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2013-08-26

Abstract:
   The original registration procedure for formal Uniform Resource Name
   (URN) namespaces required IETF Consensus.  That requirement
   discouraged some registrations and increased the risk for problems
   that could occur as a result.  The requirements have now been changed
   in [[RFC 3406bis]] to adopt a different model.  This document
   specifies IANA instructions to adapt selected existing registrations
   to the new model.  It also obsoletes some previous RFCs to eliminate
   any ambiguity about the status of new templates and updated
   registrations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-urnbis-ns-reg-transition

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-urnbis-ns-reg-transition-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/