Subject: [urn] Comments and drafts prior to the virtual meeting

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 23:24:33 -0400

Hi.

Just a summary from this editor (and current pen-holder):

(1) There have been zero comments on
draft-ietf-urnbis-semantics-clarif-04.txt since it was posted on
8 June.  That will be the version going into the call.   The
editor's working hypothesis is that "no comments" is equivalent
to "done" but that is in no sense an attempt to claim consensus,
only a statement that I have no work queued for that document.

(2) I have been holding draft-ietf-urnbis-urn-17 in the hope of
more discussion.  It has not been forthcoming.  I'm fully
committed between this evening and the call/meeting (may not
even be able to read URNBIS-related email and almost certainly
will not be able to respond to comments on the documents between
now and then) so am about to post what I have.  

There are not many changes from -16 -- there have not been many
comments that, after limited discussion with the people who
brought them up, I'm not confident about what to do with those
comments and suggestions.   The change log (Appendix F.9)
summarizes the changes I thought were significant enough to
mention.

I've added a few [[CREF ...]] notes to point to areas of the
text that comments seem to claim are significant but that I
don't know how to proceed about, possibly because they touch on
closed issues or appear to contradict earlier comments.  Fodder
for the call if Barry and Andy think that is a good way to spend
time.  They obviously come out before any final or LC version.

Until Wednesday...

best,
   john

p.s. Peter has not seen this version so any new errors are
entirely my fault.