Subject: OK, THIS version ;-)

From: April Marine <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 10:00:50 -0800 (PST)

OK, this is actually the version people should look at.  Ted, Susan, and
Gary said they could take a look.  Anyone else who would like to, please
do.  I suspect it will be up for discussion on the Feb. 10 IESG telechat,
so please send comments by then if you have any. (Even if it is: "I looked
at it and it wouldn't bother me if it were an FYI RFC.")

thanks!
April

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 06:41:51 -0500
From: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce:  ;
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shirey-security-glossary-02.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Internet Security Glossary
	Author(s)	: R. Shirey
	Filename	: draft-shirey-security-glossary-02.txt
	Pages		: 196
	Date		: 21-Jan-00
	
This Glossary (175 pages of definitions and 12 pages of references)
provides abbreviations, explanations, and recommendations for use of
information system security terminology. The intent is to improve the
comprehensibility of writing that deals with Internet security,
particularly Internet Standards documents (ISDs). To avoid confusion,
ISDs should use the same term or definition whenever the same concept
is mentioned. To improve international understanding, ISDs should use
terms in their plainest, dictionary sense. ISDs should use terms
established in standards documents and other well-founded
publications and should avoid substituting private or newly made-up
terms. ISDs should avoid terms that are proprietary or otherwise
favor a particular vendor, or that create a bias toward a particular
security technology or mechanism versus other, competing techniques
that already exist or might be developed in the future.

---

From: Yuri Demchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 16:37:04 +0100

April,

We will propose this I-D for comments in our mailing list
[email-masked] on CERT coordination for Europe
(http://www.terena.nl/projects/cert/).

> at it and it wouldn't bother me if it were an FYI RFC.")
But for now I'd rather say 

"I looked at it and would be happy if it were an FYI RFC."

Yuri

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Yuri Demchenko, TERENA, Singel 468, 1017 AW Amsterdam, The Netherlands 
Tel: +31 20 530 4488  Fax: +31 20 530 4499  E-mail: [email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: April Marine <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 09:02:43 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Yuri!

---

From: "Ted Wolf Jr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 13:26:49 -0500

I find that this document is very well done, very usefull, and on review I
find very little that I suggest for change. The diagrams are very usefull
and perhaps we could expand them for several additional concepts, but I feel
we should proceed with moving this out as a an FYI RFC.
	One issue that does arise is that in the effort to be provide such
extensive coverage it leads to a very long document. This could in some
respects limit it's usefulness to "users". We as a group might wish to
explore using this work as the basis for an on-line glossary service. I am
not sure if this is in our pervue but I feel it is something we should
explore.
	I have also request several security contacts of mine to also review this
and I will forward any of their comments that I receive to the group.

Ted Wolf Jr

Internet Intelligence Inc
1177-A1 Union Valley Rd
West Milford, NJ 07480-1244
(973)728-5953
[email-masked] http://www.iintelligence.net/
[email-masked] http://kb2blx.orn.com/
icq 1358985
pgp ID 0x75519D6E

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of April
> Marine
> Sent: Monday, January 24, 2000 1:01 PM
> To: USWG
> Subject: OK, THIS version ;-)
>
>