Subject: Weird is dead but USWG lives on

From: Anders Ljung <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 02:58:55 GMT

Regarding our diskussion in the WG weird

1. What is the goal from the IETF standpoint in getting the public informed about the
activity in 
the IETF?

2. Should this the be presented in a way that the general public can understand the goals
or 
should it just be a general presentation and overview of the activities we have in the
IETF?

3. Should the website be updated on regular basis regarding technical advances?

From the discussinons I propose that the "www.ietf.org" would be a portal with two
choises, 

a. The general public, with general information and the proposed broschyr and maybe some 
general technical information.

b. Todays IETF site without the general information though with a possible retreat to "a".

Furthermore I would suggest that this WG would have a prefix of "weird", because it´s a
good 
name.

Mail from 
Anders Ljung
Tempelman Holding AB
S-428 20 Gothenburg
Sweden

---

From: Walter Houser <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 12:44:54 -0500

Weird is dead but USWG lives on.  More below.

Anders Ljung wrote:

> activity in the IETF?

My interest is to explain what we do to the casual visitor and ocassional participant.

> or should it just be a general presentation and overview of the activities we have in the
> IETF?

Yes. I do not understand the "or."

> 3. Should the website be updated on regular basis regarding technical advances?

Pretty expensive and hard to get a consensus.

> general technical information.

That's for IETF.ORG to decide how to include our work.

> good name.

--
Walt Houser, VA Webmaster http://www.va.gov/
VA Privacy Notice for Information Collected from E-mails and Web Forms
http://www.va.gov/privacy/email.asp