Subject: USWG Minutes from Yokohama (fwd)

From: April Marine <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 10:10:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi folks,

Many thanks to Ray for chairing the Yokohama meeting and sending these
minutes.

After reviewing these and briefly emailing with Ray and Harald (our AD),
it has been agreed that it's clearly time to shut down this WG.  The list
will remain "active". :)

Many many thanks to all the folks who have contributed to the USWG and to
the User Services Area over the last many years.  What, 15 years or so?
Many thanks to Joyce.

many thanks in general! :)
April

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 10:06:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: April Marine <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: April Marine <[email-masked]>
Subject: USWG Minutes from Yokohama

Late minutes

***********************************************************

USWG

IETF 54
13:00
15 July 2002

Yokohama, Japan

Prepared by Ray Plzak

1) Welcome, scribe, agenda bashing

Ray Plzak volunteered to be scribe.  There were no changes to the
agenda.

2) FYI 7

The group was asked if FYI 7 was advanced enough.  There was no
response.  There was no discussion from the group in regards to the
future of FYI 7.

3)  Directory of Standards as Related to Services

The proposal would be to provide an RFC listing in answer to FAQ type
questions.  There was no comment from the group whether the WG should
take this on as a project.

4)  Educating the Educators

It has been observed that academia is teaching outmoded concepts such as
classful IP.

Should there be an FYI developed for this?  There was no comment from
the group.

Should the WG take this on?  There was no comment from the group.

5)  Future of the WG

Is there any more work for the WG to do?  There was no comment from the
group.

Should the WG continue?  There was no comment from the group.

6) AOB - None.

---

From: Walt Houser <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:52:27 -0400

1) Will FYI 7 be forwarded?

2) It looks like Ray had his hands full!  ;-)

April Marine wrote:

>.