Subject: [Uta] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-uta-tls-bcp-07.txt

From: Peter Saint-Andre - &yet <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 07:14:00 -0700

FYI. The authors believe that this version addresses all feedback 
received during WGLC.

Peter

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-uta-tls-bcp-07.txt
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 05:57:50 -0800
From: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-uta-tls-bcp-07.txt
has been successfully submitted by Peter Saint-Andre and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-ietf-uta-tls-bcp
Revision:	07
Title:		Recommendations for Secure Use of TLS and DTLS
Document date:	2014-11-11
Group:		uta
Pages:		24
URL: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-uta-tls-bcp-07.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-uta-tls-bcp/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-uta-tls-bcp-07
Diff:           http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-uta-tls-bcp-07

Abstract:
    Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Datagram Transport Layer Security
    (DTLS) are widely used to protect data exchanged over application
    protocols such as HTTP, SMTP, IMAP, POP, SIP, and XMPP.  Over the
    last few years, several serious attacks on TLS have emerged,
    including attacks on its most commonly used cipher suites and modes
    of operation.  This document provides recommendations for improving
    the security of deployed services that use TLS and DTLS.  The
    recommendations are applicable to the majority of use cases.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://andyet.com/

---

From: Chris Newman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 14:05:22 -1000

I noticed this reference:

>   current document.  See Section 2.5 of [I-D.ietf-uta-tls-attacks] for

Is pointing to the wrong section; should be 2.6.

		- Chris

--On November 11, 2014 7:14:00 -0700 Peter Saint-Andre - &yet
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> FYI. The authors believe that this version addresses all feedback received
> during WGLC.
> 
> Peter
> 
> URL: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-uta-tls-bcp-07.txt
> _______________________________________________
> Uta mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/uta
>

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre - &yet <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 18:09:44 -0700

> Is pointing to the wrong section; should be 2.6.

Noted, thanks!

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://andyet.com/