Subject: [Uta] review comments on draft-newman-email-deep-02

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 03:16:23 -0500 (EST)

Just a few things that I jotted down while reading this on the plane
(nothing major)...

In section 5, the text "most TLS stacks that support TLS 1.2 will fallback
to TLS 1.0 without alerting the client" is describing the normal TLS
version negotiation, not the "fallback dance" which DKG is going to write
a draft about, so that text should probably be rephrased to avoid the
potentially confusing word "fallback".  (Maybe 'client' as well ... the
situation here for how (e.g.) openssl can be configured is kind of
complicated.)

Starting with section 7.2, the Examples are not numbered anymore.

Editorial minutiae:

In the Abstract, "mail user agents" needs an apostrophe

In section 4, I think there are two instances of "has deployed" that
should be "has been deployed".

In section 10.3, second paragraph, "a server certificates" is a
singular/plural mismatch; I would go with "a server certificate".

-Ben