Subject: [Uta] RFC 7457 on Summarizing Known Attacks on Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Datagram TLS (DTLS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 15:17:38 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7457

        Title:      Summarizing Known Attacks on Transport 
                    Layer Security (TLS) and Datagram TLS (DTLS) 
        Author:     Y. Sheffer,
                    R. Holz,
                    P. Saint-Andre
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 28614
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-uta-tls-attacks-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7457

Over the last few years, there have been several serious attacks on
Transport Layer Security (TLS), including attacks on its most
commonly used ciphers and modes of operation.  This document
summarizes these attacks, with the goal of motivating generic and
protocol-specific recommendations on the usage of TLS and Datagram
TLS (DTLS).

This document is a product of the Using TLS in Applications Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC