Subject: [Uta] I-D Action: draft-ietf-uta-tls-bcp-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 06:43:43 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Using TLS in Applications Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Recommendations for Secure Use of TLS and DTLS
        Authors         : Yaron Sheffer
                          Ralph Holz
                          Peter Saint-Andre
	Filename        : draft-ietf-uta-tls-bcp-09.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2015-02-11

Abstract:
   Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Datagram Transport Layer Security
   (DTLS) are widely used to protect data exchanged over application
   protocols such as HTTP, SMTP, IMAP, POP, SIP, and XMPP.  Over the
   last few years, several serious attacks on TLS have emerged,
   including attacks on its most commonly used cipher suites and modes
   of operation.  This document provides recommendations for improving
   the security of deployed services that use TLS and DTLS.  The
   recommendations are applicable to the majority of use cases.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-uta-tls-bcp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-uta-tls-bcp-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-uta-tls-bcp-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/