Subject: [Uta] I-D Action: draft-ietf-uta-smtp-tlsrpt-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 11:13:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Using TLS in Applications of the IETF.

        Title           : SMTP TLS Reporting
        Authors         : Daniel Margolis
                          Alexander Brotman
                          Binu Ramakrishnan
                          Janet Jones
                          Mark Risher
	Filename        : draft-ietf-uta-smtp-tlsrpt-06.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2017-05-31

Abstract:
   A number of protocols exist for establishing encrypted channels
   between SMTP Mail Transfer Agents, including STARTTLS [RFC3207], DANE
   [RFC6698], and MTA-STS (TODO: Add ref).  These protocols can fail due
   to misconfiguration or active attack, leading to undelivered messages
   or delivery over unencrypted or unauthenticated channels.  This
   document describes a reporting mechanism and format by which sending
   systems can share statistics and specific information about potential
   failures with recipient domains.  Recipient domains can then use this
   information to both detect potential attackers and diagnose
   unintentional misconfigurations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-uta-smtp-tlsrpt/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-uta-smtp-tlsrpt-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-uta-smtp-tlsrpt-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-uta-smtp-tlsrpt-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/