Subject: [v4v6interim] A+P work

From: "Hemant Singh (shemant)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 14:42:13 -0400

If an Internet-draft is written that describes A+P in more detail that
would be very helpful.  Maybe such a draft already exists in which case,
please point it to me.  We need more details like showing some sample
packet flows and address assignments between the home CPE Router and the
BR, or things like, is using port in the synthetic IPv6 address just an
optimization or is use of port totally necessary. 
 
Thanks.
 
Hemant
_______________________________________________
v4v6interim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v4v6interim

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 14:56:20 -0400

Hemant,
      The following link was posted to the mailing list:
http://mice.cs.columbia.edu/getTechreport.php?techreportID=560

It is the current definition of A+P.

Regards,
Brian

Hemant Singh (shemant) wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

---

From: "Hemant Singh (shemant)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 15:00:48 -0400

Brian,

Yes, I know of this link but IMHO the details in this paper are not
sufficient for such work to be accepted as a solution by IETF.  The
authors need to provide more details like what I asked for.  Either the
paper gets updated or a new I-D should be written.  I'd be happy to work
with the authors to give them a list of what all needs more details
besides just two items I listed below.

Thanks.

Hemant 

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Haberman [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 2:56 PM
To: Hemant Singh (shemant)
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [v4v6interim] A+P work

Hemant,

Regards,
Brian

> would be very helpful.  Maybe such a draft already exists in which 
> case, please point it to me.  We need more details like showing some 
> sample packet flows and address assignments between the home CPE 
> Router and the BR, or things like, is using port in the synthetic IPv6

> address just an optimization or is use of port totally necessary.
>  
> Thanks.
>  
> Hemant
> 
>

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 15:03:51 -0400

>> would be very helpful.

two of the authors are ex-ietfers who have written more than their share
of internet drafts and have taken vows of not writing any more.  the
other two of the authors have never written i-ds and are aghast at
internet drafts.  :)

so, if someone wants to work with us to author a draft, i imagine we
would be amenable.

randy