Subject: RE: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-v6ops-3gpp-cases-02.txt

From: "BAUDOT Alain FTRD/DMI/CAE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 17:44:39 +0100

I reveiwed the document draft-ietf-v6ops-3gpp-cases-02.txt and I only
have a few comments :

First paragraphe of section 2 :

"The scope of this document is to describe the possible transition 
   scenarios in the 3GPP defined GPRS network where a UE connects to, or

   is contacted from, the Internet or another UE. The document describes

   scenarios with and without the usage of the SIP based IP Multimedia 
   Core Network Subsystem (IMS).   "

Since the abstract specifies that "The focus of this document is on the
scenarios where the User Equipment (UE) connects to nodes in other
networks, e.g. in the Internet.", it is no clear to me wether the other
UE may be connected to the same network than the UE initiating the
connection, or not.

I've been rather surprised by the last paragraphe of section 2 :

"These scenarios may or may not be found feasible, or even likely in
further study."

One may be confused since one may understand scenarios have nothing to
do with reallity. It maybe rephrased stating that the scenarios match
real cases and that a subset of them are likely to be met in a given
architecture.   

Last, second paragraph section 4.1 : 

"Transition scenarios of the GPRS internal interfaces are outside of the
scope of this document." 

I guess this is because the UE has limited ressources and that running
internal transition mechanism is likely to be avoided. I wonder in that
case if it should explicitly specified.

I hope this helps a bit.

Regards,
Alain.

---

From: Suresh K Satapati <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:46:42 -0800 (PST)

> real cases and that a subset of them are likely to be met in a given

I share the same concern..

-Suresh