Subject: RFC 3904 on Evaluation of IPv6 Transition Mechanisms for Unmanaged Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 16:03:13 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3904

        Title:      Evaluation of IPv6 Transition Mechanisms for
                    Unmanaged Networks
        Author(s):  C. Huitema, R. Austein, S. Satapati,
                    R. van der Pol
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 46844
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-unmaneval-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3904.txt

This document analyzes issues involved in the transition of
"unmanaged networks" from IPv4 to IPv6.  Unmanaged networks
typically correspond to home networks or small office networks.  A
companion paper analyzes out the requirements for mechanisms needed
in various transition scenarios of these networks to IPv6.
Starting from this analysis, we evaluate the suitability of
mechanisms that have already been specified, proposed, or deployed.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the
IETF. 

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.