Subject: RE: Take ISP BB scenarios as WG document

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:09:33 +0100

Hi Pekka,
What I'm referring to is access networks where DHCP snooping and IP
filters in the first access switch are the main anti spoofing mechanisms
and where there is no logical separation between customers. This
requires IP awareness further out in the network and therefore IPv6
support is needed as well. The scenario is similar to the example 2 in
8.2 in the isp scenarios-analysis document. I know this doesn't describe
it very well but I'm willing to provide input to the BB scenarios
document if needed. 
 
Yes it has been deployed in IPv4 and seems to be picking up as an access
network design offered by many different vendors. 

/Mikael

> 
> Hi,
> 
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 [email-masked] wrote:
> > What I think it needs is an
> > addition of emerging broadband scenarios. I'm especially thinking of
> > Ethernet based broadband networks, LAN or DSL, where neither
> > VLAN/PVC nor PPPoE is used. This is a rather complicated scenario
> > for introducing IPv6 and as it still is under development/deployment
> > an IPv6 recommendation would be very useful.
> 
> Mikael, I think you'll need to elaborate a bit about this scenario :)
> -- which scenario/deployment model you have in mind?  Has this been
> deployed with IPv4 yet?
>

---

From: Salman Asadullah <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 08:04:04 -0800

>it very well but I'm willing to provide input to the BB scenarios

Hello Mikael,

We would love to work with you to understand the further details and 
include it in the next revision of this IETF draft if needed.

Regards,
Salman