Subject: RV:I-D ACTION:draft-palet-v6ops-ipv6security-02.txt

From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 08:45:43 +0100

FYI. Inputs welcome.

Regards,
Jordi

------ Mensaje reenviado
De: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Responder a: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Fecha: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 15:36:07 -0500
Para: <[email-masked]>
Asunto: I-D ACTION:draft-palet-v6ops-ipv6security-02.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

 Title  : IPv6 distributed security requirements
 Author(s) : J. Palet, et al.
 Filename : draft-palet-v6ops-ipv6security-02.txt
 Pages  : 14
 Date  : 2005-2-21
 
The security policies currently applied in Internet with IPv4,
   doesnÆt longer apply for end-to-end security models which IPv6 will
   enable. 

   Today, each network is often secured by a unique device (i.e.
   security gateway or firewall), that becomes a bottleneck for the end-
   to-end security model with IPv6.

   In addition, users and devices start to be nomadic, moving between
   different networks that could have different security policies.

   A distributed and dynamic approach is consequently required, as
   already described by [1].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-palet-v6ops-ipv6security-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
 "get draft-palet-v6ops-ipv6security-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
 [email-masked].
In the body type:
 "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-palet-v6ops-ipv6security-02.txt".
 
NOTE: The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
 MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
 feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
 command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
 a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
 exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
 "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
 up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
 how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

------ Fin del mensaje reenviado

************************************
Barcelona 2005 Global IPv6 Summit
Call for Papers and information available at:
http://www.ipv6-es.com

This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, including attached files, is prohibited.