Subject: lrw (tunnelling) BoF at Paris

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 11:20:23 +0100

Hi,

It's quite possible that many on this list did not find out about the
lrw BoF in Paris:

 Lightweight Reachability softWires BOF (lrw)

 CHAIRS:  David Ward <[email-masked]>
          Alain Durand <[email-masked] >

 DESCRIPTION:

 The LRW (Lightweight Reachability softWires) BOF is to discuss the problem 
 space of: discovery, control and encapsulation methods for connecting IPv4 
 networks across IPv6 networks and IPv6 networks across IPv4 networks. Due 
 to the fact that some networks are mandated that certain network functions 
 must be IPv4 or IPv6 (e.g. due to financial or political reasons); dynamic 
 tunnels or 'softwires' are suited for the inter-networking job.  The goal 
 of the BOF is to form the LRW WG that will work on these issues

I don't think it was advertised in v6ops or ipv6 WG lists, so it may be
useful to have some discussion about it here.

It isn't dissimilar from v6tc, but I understand this time that the WG will
be formed, under the Internet Area, and thus able to do protocol work.

Maybe Alain or David can tell us more?   Is there a link to a Charter page?

With recent DSTM discussion, it should be noted that IPv4-in-IPv6 tunnelling
solutions are very much in scope for this proposed WG.

-- 
Tim/::1

---

From: "Soininen Jonne (Nokia-NET/Helsinki)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:43:50 +0300

Hi,

could somebody still do the favor of forwarding the mailing list info if
there is one.

Cheers,

Jonne.
-- 
Jonne Soininen
Nokia

Tel: +358 40 527 46 34
E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Rob Evans <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:30:39 +0100

> Maybe Alain or David can tell us more?   Is there a link to a Charter page?

I noted this down during the meeting.  I don't know if it is still
current following the discussion that was had:

    http://bgp.nu/~dward/softwires/Softwires_charter.htm

The mailing list was going to be @ietf.org, but I don't see it listed
(either as softwires or lrw) on:

    https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/

Cheers,
Rob

---

From: "Radhakrishnan.S" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 17:52:29 +0530

@ietf.org is still not active!!!!

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Rob Evans" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 5:00 PM
Subject: Re: lrw (tunnelling) BoF at Paris

Cheers,
Rob