Subject: Regrets for Mr. Alan E. Beard and some words

From: "Bound, Jim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 10:04:57 -0400

Dear IETF V6OPS colleagues,

It is with regret, that I have been asked to inform you that Mr. Alan E.
Beard has passed on from a heart attack.  Alan was active in our process
to define transition scenarios and analysis within V6OPS, and provided
significant input to RFC 4057.  His dear colleague John C Bogard sent me
this notice, and copied in this mail. Alan's professional demeanor and
ability to clearly articulate his input to our processes, will be
missed, but his contributions have been noted in our community. If you
have other information regarding Alan's contributions please send mail
to [email-masked].  Alan was John's mentor and he is greatly
missed by John.

Sincerely,
/jim

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 08:30:26 -0700

Thanks Jim. I'm sure I speak for the working group, as you do, in  
mourning his passing. Our best to his family.

On Aug 24, 2005, at 11:04 PM, Bound, Jim wrote:

> It is with regret, that I have been asked to inform you that Mr.  
> Alan E. Beard has passed on from a heart attack.  Alan was active  
> in our process to define transition scenarios and analysis within  
> V6OPS, and provided significant input to RFC 4057.  His dear  
> colleague John C Bogard sent me this notice, and copied in this  
> mail. Alan's professional demeanor and ability to clearly  
> articulate his input to our processes, will be missed, but his  
> contributions have been noted in our community. If you have other  
> information regarding Alan's contributions please send mail to  
> [email-masked].  Alan was John's mentor and he is greatly  
> missed by John.
>
> Sincerely,
> /jim
>
>