Subject: RE: Tiny fragments and IPv6

From: "Vishwas Manral" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 01:43:40 -0800

Hi Margaret/ Fred,

I have updated the draft based on private comments as well as comments
on the list.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manral-v6ops-tiny-fragments-is
sues-02.txt

The people making comments have been duly acknowledged in the relevant
section.

Any other comments from the list would be a lot of help.

Thanks,
Vishwas
-----Original Message-----
From: Fred Baker [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 12:48 AM
To: Margaret Wasserman
Cc: [email-masked]; Vishwas Manral
Subject: Re: Tiny fragments and IPv6

It does happen in IPv4. Vishwas' concern is that the attack that  
happens in IPv4 might happen in IPv6, and is wondering whether there  
are best practices that we can discuss to minimize the impact.

On Nov 29, 2005, at 1:13 PM, Margaret Wasserman wrote:

> Why is this an IPv6-specific problem?  Is there a reason why the  
> same type
> of attack does not work in IPv4?