Subject: [v6ops] presentation policy

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 12:43:37 +0200

someone came to me after meeting about my comment on presentation policy 
I made to the mike. Found that he understood the inverse of what I said. 
So let me try again to make my point.
- we had great presentations today (the first 3 for example), useful for 
our work that had -no- internet draft.
- therefore, the proposed new presentation policy (which is ID + shown 
support in advance of meeting) would not let these presentations to have 
been shown.
- therefore my point is the chairs need to be careful on not filtering 
too much the presentation, but filtering "smartly" (I know they are 
smart...), instead of a possible too rigid policy.

Marc.
-- 
=========
IPv6 book: Migrating to IPv6, Wiley. http://www.ipv6book.ca
Stun/Turn server for VoIP NAT-FW traversal: http://numb.viagenie.ca
DTN Implementation: http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64-DNS64 Opensource: http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca

---

From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 04:04:15 -0700

from my vantage point,

One of the things we wanted to convey, pariticularly when it comes to
the question of presnetations which do not have a draft behind them is
that we will engage (as we have so far) in a level of editorial discretion.

When it comes to drafts especially for those looking for a home in v6ops
having the document in the queue by the deadline is all good and well
but it has to be socialized on the list before being considered for the
agenda because people need a chance to look at it, decide whether
there's work to be done and take a position on it. the socialization
process can't occur in the meeting because we need the time frankly to
discuss the document.

joel