Subject: [v6ops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-v6-aaaa-whitelisting-implications-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 07:54:52 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Considerations for Transitioning Content to IPv6
	Author(s)       : Jason Livingood
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-v6-aaaa-whitelisting-implications-08.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2011-11-22

   This document describes considerations for the transition of end user
   content on the Internet to IPv6.  While this is tailored to address
   end user content, which is typically web-based, many aspects of this
   document may be more broadly applicable to the transition to IPv6 of
   other applications and services.  This document explores the
   challenges involved in the transition to IPv6, potential migration
   tactics, possible migration phases, and other considerations.  The
   audience for this document is the Internet community generally,
   particularly IPv6 implementers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-v6-aaaa-whitelisting-implications-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-v6-aaaa-whitelisting-implications-08.txt

---

From: Hugo Salgado <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 13:20:34 -0300

Hi.
With the new title and scope of the draft I'm missing a reference to
RFC4074 somewhere in the document. I know is not directly related to
someone actively transitioning to IPv6, but in the operations field
I've seen the phenomenon of v4-only sites been side-affected for people
migrating to v6. I presented a talk about this, here's a pdf:
 http://hugo.salga.do/quad-a-blocking-in-dns

Maybe we can give a mention in the "3. IPv6 Adoption Implications"
section, pointing to 4074?

Regards,

Hugo

On 11/22/2011 12:54 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> v6ops mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v6ops
>