Subject: [v6ops] Supporting IPv6 Segment Routing in the Linux kernel

From: David Lebrun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 16:50:16 +0100

For the past few months we have been working on a Linux kernel
implementation of the IPv6 version of Segment Routing as defined in
draft-previdi-6man-segment-routing-header. We performed an
interoperability demonstration with Cisco and Comcast at Bits-n-Bytes of
IETF90. At this point we assume that our implementation is ready for a
public release, thus enabling contributions, feedback, discussions, etc.

We provide a front page for this implementation:
http://www.segment-routing.org. Basically, it links to three main things:

1. The source code hosted on github at
http://github.com/segment-routing/sr-ipv6 and the userland tool
http://github.com/segment-routing/seg6ctl
2. A technical report describing the implementation at
http://www.segment-routing.org/sr6-doc.pdf
3. A public mailing list at
https://listes-2.sipr.ucl.ac.be/sympa/info/sr6-dev to enable
discussions, patch submissions, etc.

The long-term goal is to make this implementation stable and mature
enough for merging in the upstream Linux kernel.

Moreover, we have a public testbed composed of 4 routers and 1 host, all
running our SR-IPv6 implementation, to facilitate interoperability
tests. We will release more information about this testbed later.

Feel free to use, modify, play with the code !

David

-- 
INL, ICTEAM, UCLouvain, Belgium, http://inl.info.ucl.ac.be