Subject: [v6ops] draft-boucadair-6man-prefix-routing-reco WGLC

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 11:00:02 -0800

This is to initiate a two week working group last call of
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-boucadair-6man-prefix-routing-reco.  
Please read it now. If you find nits (spelling errors, minor suggested
wording changes, etc), comment to the authors; if you find greater
issues, such as disagreeing with a statement or finding additional
issues that need to be addressed, please post your comments to the
list.

We are looking specifically for comments on the importance of the
document as well as its content. If you have read the document and
believe it to be of operational utility, that is also an important
comment to make.

---

From: Ross Chandler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 20:33:28 +0000

> On 4 Jan 2015, at 19:00, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 

For user convenience I’ve anycast DNS caches addressed using the lowest order bits and advertised as /128s.

Also I’ve a couple of NAT64 boxes that only seem capable of announcing the Pref64::/n with n=96.

Some my routers only announce system loopbacks as /128s.

Ross

---

From: Ross Chandler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 20:40:57 +0000

Also have some CDN caches numbered using /127s and /126 that will take a lot of traffic in future (hopefully).

Ross

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 15:37:32 +0100

Hi,

Thanks for the notification.

Another mail points to RFC4632 about CIDR experience, which led
further to CIDR reports about IPv6 usage in the Internet:
http://bgp.potaroo.net/index-v6.html
Digging these tables (search "/") one can find that announced prefix 
lengths are often between 1 and 64, and a few times /96, /125, /126, 
/127, /128.

Alex

Le 04/01/2015 21:40, Ross Chandler a écrit :
> Also have some CDN caches numbered using /127s and /126 that will
> take a lot of traffic in future (hopefully).
>
> Ross
>
> _______________________________________________ v6ops mailing list
> [email-masked] https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v6ops
>

---

From: 神明達哉 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 09:39:54 -0800

> believe it to be of operational utility, that is also an important

I've read the latest version, and I think it's a useful document even
if what's written may look too obvious to some people.  I believe it's
ready for publication.

--
JINMEI, Tatuya