Subject: [v6ops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-cidr-prefix-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 09:21:22 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : IPv6 Prefix Length Recommendation for Forwarding
        Authors         : Mohamed Boucadair
                          Alexandre Petrescu
                          Fred Baker
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-cidr-prefix-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2015-01-18

Abstract:
   IPv6 prefix length, as in IPv4, is a parameter conveyed and used in
   IPv6 routing and forwarding processes in accordance with the
   Classless Inter-domain Routing (CIDR) architecture.  The length of an
   IPv6 prefix may be any number from zero to 128, although subnets
   using stateless address autoconfiguration (SLAAC) for address
   allocation conventionally use a /64 prefix.  Hardware and software
   algorithms should therefore impose no rules on prefix length, but
   implement longest-match-first on prefixes of any valid length.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-cidr-prefix/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-cidr-prefix-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/