Subject: [v6ops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 19:46:12 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Deprecating Anycast Prefix for 6to4 Relay Routers
        Authors         : Ole Troan
                          Brian Carpenter
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic-11.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2015-01-28

Abstract:
   Experience with the "Connection of IPv6 Domains via IPv4 Clouds
   (6to4)" IPv6 transition mechanism defined in RFC 3056 has shown that
   when used in its anycast mode, the mechanism is unsuitable for
   widespread deployment and use in the Internet.  This document
   therefore requests that RFC 3068, "An Anycast Prefix for 6to4 Relay
   Routers", be made obsolete and moved to historic status.  It also
   obsoletes RFC 6732 "6to4 Provider Managed Tunnels".  It recommends
   that future products should not support 6to4 anycast and that
   existing deployments should be reviewed.  This complements the
   guidelines in RFC 6343.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 16:53:27 +1300

Hi,

This version mainly has the "friendly amendments" suggested by David Farmer,
plus a few other changes from the last couple of weeks' discussion.

Since the "Deprecation" section has been split and reorganized,
the diffs look a bit complex, but the changes are mainly editorial.

Note to Ole: sorry, I'm on travel so submitted this without checking
with you.

Note to Fred: I ran idnits and the resulting warnings can be safely
ignored.

Note to everybody: if you feel you're missing from the Acknowledgments
please let me know.

Regards
   Brian

On 29/01/2015 16:46, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>

---

From: "Fred Baker (fred)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 20:13:46 +0000

Thanks much.

Folks - are we good with this? I’ll give people a few days to say otherwise, but plan to send it to Joel next week barring issues.

> On Jan 28, 2015, at 7:53 PM, Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 
> v6ops mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v6ops

---

From: joel jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 12:23:05 -0800

Thanks, looking forward to it.

joel

---

From: David Farmer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 16:02:44 -0600

Brian's magic editing fingers did a wonderful job. :)

Covers, my comments on the previous version, and as far as I'm concerned 
its ready to go.

Thanks.

-- 
================================================
David Farmer               Email: [email-masked]
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE     Phone: 1-612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029  Cell: 1-612-812-9952
================================================

---

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 08:33:28 -0500

> Folks - are we good with this? I’ll give people a few days to say otherwise, but plan to send it to Joel next week barring issues.
I'm good with this.

Keith