Subject: [v6ops] Barry Leiba's No Objection on draft-ietf-v6ops-cidr-prefix-02: (with COMMENT)

From: "Barry Leiba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 21:48:02 -0700

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-v6ops-cidr-prefix-02: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-cidr-prefix/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Only editorial comments here, for your consideration.  The one about
"barring" is the most important one.

-- Section 1 --
In the second paragraph, I suggest removing the parentheses from
"(mis)".

In the fourth paragraph, I had to read the first sentence several times
in order to parse it.  The word order confused me, making me think "link
routing", rather than "to link".  You can easily fix that by changing "to
not link" to "not to link".

In the fifth paragraph, "barring" is ambiguous: I don't know whether you
mean that because IPv6 forwarding must follow the longest-match-first
rule, configuration of an overriding policy is barred (forbidden), or
whether you mean that IPv6 forwarding must follow the longest-match-first
rule *unless* an overriding policy is configured.  I'm guessing it's the
latter, but you should reword this either way, to make it clear.

In the last paragraph, what does "a historical reminder" mean?

-- Section 2 --
In the second paragraph, I note that too many attributive nouns put
together make for awkwardness and confusion.  I suggest changing
"Forwarding decision-making processes" to "Decision-making processes for
forwarding", so it's clear that "forwarding" is a gerund (noun), not a
participle (verb).

I suggest removing the word "obviously" from the third paragraph: if it's
really obvious, it needn't be said at all, and the word makes it sound
haughty.

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 08:01:50 +0000

Dear Barry,

Many thanks for the careful review. 

An updated version is available online. A diff is available at: https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-ietf-v6ops-cidr-prefix-02&url2=draft-ietf-v6ops-cidr-prefix-03 

Cheers,
Med

> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : v6ops [mailto:[email-masked]] De la part de Barry Leiba
> Envoyé : vendredi 22 mai 2015 06:48
> À : The IESG
> Cc : [email-masked]
> Objet : [v6ops] Barry Leiba's No Objection on draft-ietf-v6ops-cidr-
> prefix-02: (with COMMENT)
> 
> _______________________________________________
> v6ops mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v6ops

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 08:46:12 -0400

> Many thanks for the careful review.

You're welcome, and thanks for addressing my comments.  I've had a
look at the revision, and it looks good.

Barry

---

From: David Farmer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 01:00:22 -0500

> An updated version is available online. A diff is available at: https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-ietf-v6ops-cidr-prefix-02&url2=draft-ietf-v6ops-cidr-prefix-03

...

>> forwarding", so it's clear that "forwarding" is a gerund (noun), not a

This same phrase is at the end of the first sentence of the first 
paragraph in the introduction as well, maybe change it there too.

-- 
================================================
David Farmer               Email: [email-masked]
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE     Phone: 1-612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029  Cell: 1-612-812-9952
================================================