Subject: [v6ops] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC7934 (4806)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 18:12:57 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC7934,
"Host Address Availability Recommendations".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=7934&eid=4806

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Mark Smith <[email-masked]>

Section: 3

Original Text
-------------
3.  Benefits of Providing Multiple Addresses

   Today, there are many host functions that require more than one IP
   address to be available to the host, including:

   o  Privacy addressing to prevent tracking by off-network hosts
      [RFC4941].

 ...

Corrected Text
--------------
3.  Benefits of Providing Multiple Addresses

   Today, there are many host functions that require more than one IP
   address to be available to the host, including:

   o  Privacy addressing to prevent tracking by off-network hosts
      [RFC4941].

...

   o  Other potential use cases such as those described in [RFC1681].

Notes
-----
Somewhat trivial errata, a reference to RFC1681, " On Many Addresses per Host", would be good to credit Steve's early thoughts, and those which probably in part lead to [TARP]. No urgency to update, a note to include it if this RFC is ever updated.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC7934 (draft-ietf-v6ops-host-addr-availability-07)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Host Address Availability Recommendations
Publication Date    : July 2016
Author(s)           : L. Colitti, V. Cerf, S. Cheshire, D. Schinazi
Category            : BEST CURRENT PRACTICE
Source              : IPv6 Operations
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG