Subject: [v6ops] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-petrescu-v6ops-ipv6-power-ipv4-00.txt

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 20:09:29 +0100

Hi participants to v6ops,

Following discussions in v6ops, we submitted a new draft showing 
preliminary results of measuring the power consumption of IPv6 vs IPv4 
on a smartphone connected on a cellular link.

The preliminary results show an increase of approximately 5% on IPv6, 
under certain conditions.  More measurements will be performed that will 
confirm or infirm these figures.

Yours,

Alex

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : I-D Action: draft-petrescu-v6ops-ipv6-power-ipv4-00.txt
Date : Mon, 13 Mar 2017 11:56:26 -0700
De : [email-masked]
Répondre à : [email-masked]
Pour : [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

         Title           : Power Consumption of IPv6 vs IPv4 in Smartphone
         Authors         : Alexandre Petrescu
                           Siwar Ben Hadj Said
                           Olivier Philippot
                           Thomas Vincent
	Filename        : draft-petrescu-v6ops-ipv6-power-ipv4-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2017-03-13

Abstract:
    This draft documents preliminary results of measuring the power
    consumption of using IPv6 vs using IPv4 on typical applications on a
    smartphone.  The smartphone is connected on a 4G cellular network
    with either an IPv6 connection, or with an IPv4 connection, but not
    both simultaneously.

    The preliminary results expose a roughly 5% increase in power
    consumption on IPv6.  More experiments are planned as future work
    that may confirm or infirm these figures.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-petrescu-v6ops-ipv6-power-ipv4/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-petrescu-v6ops-ipv6-power-ipv4-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt