Subject: [VCARDDAV] Cardinality in RFC 2426

From: Andrew Pace <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 07:13:10 -0700

I am working on a Vcard3.0 compliant parser.  I am unclear from the RFC2426
how to determine the cardinality of many of the properties.  This seems to
have been clarified for Vcard4.0 (RFC6350).

For example, should a Vcard3.0 support multiple CATEGORIES properties or
just one per vcard?  (RFC6350 shows that this property has a cardinality of
* for Vcard4.0)

I cannot find clarification within RFC2426.  Any thoughts?  Is there a list
of properties with cardinality for Vcard3.0, like it is shown in RFC6350?

Thanks,

Andrew

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 11:03:37 -0400

On 2012-05-14 10:13, Andrew Pace wrote:
> Is there a
> list of properties with cardinality for Vcard3.0, like it is shown in
> RFC6350?

No, it does not exist. That's one of the many "bugs" in vCard 3.0 that 
were fixed in 4.0.

Simon
-- 
DTN made easy, lean, and smart --> http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64/DNS64 open-source        --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server               --> http://numb.viagenie.ca