Subject: [VCARDDAV] Mapping vCard ontology to Wikidata

From: Andy Mabbett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 22:17:30 +0100

Colleagues may be interested to know that other volunteers and I are
mapping the vCard ontology [1] to Wikidata properties.

You may view an example edit [2] and the equivalent property page [3]

There will be some one-to-many, such as mother/father/sister/brother -> relation

Work is ongoing, and we still have to resolve how to map things like
latitude and longitude, which vCard has separately, to Wikidata's
single property for "coordinates".

For those of you not yet familiar with Wikidata, it's an open data
repository, managed along the lines of Wikipedia, by an overlapping
community. See [4]

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/vcard-rdf/

[2] https://www.wikidata.org/w/index.php?title=Property:P22&diff=377541358&oldid=374219763

[3] https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P22

[4] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikidata

-- 
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing
http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

---

From: Andy Mabbett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 23:13:52 +0100

> You may view an example edit [2] and the equivalent property page [3]

In fact, a better example edit and page are:

[2a]
https://www.wikidata.org/w/index.php?title=Property:P990&diff=377554564&oldid=363787397

[3a] https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P990