Subject: [vmeet] finding the IETF Hubs

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 21:26:25 -0500

I also tried to find more details on the hubs by looking in the wiki at the
page for Remote Hubs for IETF 97 (
https://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/ietf97#remote_hubs ) but
the page hasn't even been created.

It is useful to have this information.

Regards,
Alia

---

From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 11:48:20 +0900

Hi Alia,

This time we did not have a hub in Bangalore.

The good news is some of the participants that were in Bangalore Hub
before, are in fact attending this IETF, and are part of Hackathon/WGs.

IMHO remote participants (especially who have attended an IETF meeting
before) prefer using meetecho or seeing the recording later offline
independently.

Thus the Hub needs to offer more than just the logistics of the remote
meeting, it should be an opportunity for discussions, networking etc. Which
can offer something for the new and the experienced participants. We are
planning a few things so, that we can organize hubs which are more engaging
in the future.

Thanks!
Dhruv

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 11:26 AM, Alia Atlas <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I also tried to find more details on the hubs by looking in the wiki at
> the page for Remote Hubs for IETF 97 (https://www.ietf.org/
> registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/ietf97#remote_hubs ) but the page hasn't
> even been created.
>
> _______________________________________________
> NOTE WELL: This list operates according to
> http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html.
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vmeet
>
>

---

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 21:51:46 -0500

Hi Dhruv,

> before) prefer using meetecho or seeing the recording later offline

I absolutely agree - and have seen that myself.

> planning a few things so, that we can organize hubs which are more engaging

This - plus getting the energy and knowledge of those who are attending the
physical IETF meetings - is why in Boston we're focusing on having meetings
that don't conflict with the IETF meetings.  The one tech talk meeting went
well, though we didn't get as high as even 20 attendees.

I've been referring to the groups as IETF Hubs or IETF Community Hubs - b/c
I think that does reflect more accurately where we are heading - rather
than remote hubs.

Regards,
Alia

>> the page for Remote Hubs for IETF 97 (https://www.ietf.org/registra
>> tion/MeetingWiki/wiki/ietf97#remote_hubs ) but the page hasn't even been
>> created.
>>