Subject: [vmeet] Comments about draft-atlas-geo-focused-activities-00

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 15:01:36 -0700

Hi Alia, Christian, Harish,

I have a few comments about 
draft-atlas-geo-focused-activities-00.  Is the "IETF Local Community" 
meant to be a local chapter of the IETF?

In Section 3:

   "It is expected that oversight MAY be delegated to the Directorate
    member in charge of Outreach Programs; the Directorate MUST be
    notified of such and MAY choose to override the decision."

The sentence could be rephrased to avoid overuse of RFC 2119 keywords.

As I read the rest of the draft, I was left with a sense that the RFC 
2119 keywords are there to provide rules without providing explanations.

In an IETF session, it is not only a matter of showing the "Note 
Well" and explaining what it means.  There is also some "paper trail" 
to verify whether there was an issue.  How is that done for a remote hub?

Section 4.5 allows the "IETF logo and IETF name, with suitable 
oversight".  If I understood that section correctly, it would be up 
to the (local) Coordinators to provide oversight?

Is there a wiki with information from Section 7 given that there has 
been remote hubs for past meetings?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy